• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rumor only: Indians acquire Trumbo for Kluber?

Scott34

The Sports Fix ‏@TheSportsFixCle 2h

The prospects are not premier prospects we were told. Major league portion of deal is agreed upon, prospects the hold up. #Indians #trumbo

Yeah uh no. People there are saying Kluber + Carlos Carrasco. That would be the dumbest trade of all time.

WTF? Carlos Carrasco blows and Kluber is a #5. This better not be true

I guess everyone has a short memory.  My source told me WEEKS AGO that the Angels and Indians discussed Bauer and Trumbo at the all-star break and that the trade would be revisited again this winter.  I posted on twitter and in here. 

I haven't the slightest idea if this rumor is legit at all, but I can confirm that the two clubs discussed a deal at least resembling this back in July/August. 

I know Trumbo isn't that great but he at least has had a few seasons now of similar production. This past year(not even really a fully season) is all Kluber has shown. Prior to that, he was awful in his short stints.

still don't get why they'd move him so soon. The longer they wait it out the more they can gauge teams interest.

I'm not saying I would love this deal, but Kluber is actually pretty decent. He has very good command and his K/BB ratio is outstanding. Most pitchers suck in their first couple MLB stints.

He shouldn't be relied on as a number 3, of course, but if Bauer and another prospect were included I would be pretty ok with it. That said, it is way too soon to trade your biggest trade piece.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd deal Trumbo for Kluber + Bauer.  Bauer's had his own issues, but I think he's the type of high reward SP you want to take a chance on.  As for Kluber, big body, inning eater, hard fastball, control of secondary stuff.  Should be solid. 

If it is Bauer/Kluber I'd be fine with it as well, just based on the upside of it all.  My main concern is that Bauer would be coming here with his control issues and with Butcher as his pitching coach

I would not do Kluber/Carrasco though. Carrasco is just awful. They already have awful filled up with Joe Blanton, so they don't need another

Edited by bloodbrother