• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN on the Angels

happybat4

Team defense is actually a reason I think the Angels might trade Aybar. He seems to be entering a slight decline in his overall range. He still has a great arm and pretty good instincts but as he ages his range will slowly degrade.

Romine would actually improve SS defense albeit at the cost of offense.

I think our middle infield defense will be approximately the same no matter if we trade either or both of Aybar and Kendrick.

Also, Bourjos is likely not going to get a good return since he was injured all year

He's clearly in a sell low position

Trumbo's power can be semi-replaced (or at least speed and run "creating" will soften the blow)

Also moving Bourjos to center gives trout the ability to be on the best LF and you can rotate hamilton in and out

Overall, a line-up of :

Trout

Aybar

Pujols

Hamilton

Kendrick

Aybar

Ianetta

Bourjos

(3B)

would give you more than enough offense

I really wouldn't want to trade kendrick and/or aybar because middle infielder seem easy to replace but when you are lacking them it really hurts your team

overall, we have to hope that Pujols and Hamilton bounce back

and that Trumbo nets us a #2 SP and that we find another on the open market

If you have a rotation of

Weaver

Wilson

[Trade from Trumbo]

[FA Signing]

Vargas

bottom line though - team will live and die with Hamilton and Pujols

Edited by angelstilldeath

I'd actually love to have Peralta's bat at 3B

It's actually not a bad idea. It would also allow us the trade Aybar more easily, knowing that if Romine doesn't work out we can slide Peralta back to short and play the hot hand at third base. Seems like a good move to give Scioscia more options.

Not to mention the upgrade from last year's offensive performance at third to Peralta would negate the loss of Trumbo.

Edited by AngelsLakersFan

It's almost as if Schoenfield works for ESPN and WANTS the Angels to lose.  why else would he suggest they build a rotation with effing Josh Johnson and Felix Doubront while at the same time suggesting the Angels go ahead and lose to the A's and Rangers.  

The whole purpose to the offseason is to try and improve, or if the you're on top maintain, your team for next year.  I'm pretty sure a 2014 rotation of Weav, Wilson, Richards, Doubront and Johnson would be as bad if not worse than the 2013 version that had Joe Blanton and Tommy Hanson in it. 

It just seems like he's either actively rooting against the Angels or has no idea wtf he's talking about. 

It's almost as if Schoenfield works for ESPN and WANTS the Angels to lose.  why else would he suggest they build a rotation with effing Josh Johnson and Felix Doubront while at the same time suggesting the Angels go ahead and lose to the A's and Rangers.  

The whole purpose to the offseason is to try and improve, or if the you're on top maintain, your team for next year.  I'm pretty sure a 2014 rotation of Weav, Wilson, Richards, Doubront and Johnson would be as bad if not worse than the 2013 version that had Joe Blanton and Tommy Hanson in it. 

It just seems like he's either actively rooting against the Angels or has no idea wtf he's talking about. 

Guys like Johnson are GREAT pickups for teams with low expectations. If he sucks, so what you were going to lose anyway, but if he's great you just got yourself a ton of value for low cost and most importantly the most prized chip come trading deadline time.