• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade value for Mike Trout

Troll Daddy

mike trout is this franchise right now.  he means more to the halos than any other player on any other team not only in terms of on field play but in recognition/marketing and future revenue.  Without him, this team is the 2009 mets. 

I would rather keep trout for his entire career than be guaranteed a world series title upon trading him.

I don't ever want to see Trout play for another team, and I agree that no team would be willing to part with the prospects necessary to make a deal happen.

But it is interesting to think about. If the Cards would part with a package of Wacka, Miller, Martinez and Tavares, or the Pirates with a package comprising McCutchen/Cole (plus more), or the Marlins with Fernandez/Stanton, you would have to at least think about it. I'd definitely move him for Longoria/Myers/Moore (but of course the Rays wouldn't).

I agree, Doc.

The scary thing is that Trout's agent knows this as well and will make sure Mikey gets a massive pay-day.

that's actually the thing that concerns me most.  Agents, of course, are supposed to represent their client's best interests, yet Trout will get one of if not the biggest contracts in all of professional sports worldwide EVER.  For him to hit the free agent market would likely increase the value of that contract substantially.

His agent has already shown a propensity to express his feelings in regards to Mike's contract to media which makes me question his overall agenda.  But we shall see. 

I don't ever want to see Trout play for another team, and I agree that no team would be willing to part with the prospects necessary to make a deal happen.

But it is interesting to think about. If the Cards would part with a package of Wacka, Miller, Martinez and Tavares, or the Pirates with a package comprising McCutchen/Cole (plus more), or the Marlins with Fernandez/Stanton, you would have to at least think about it. I'd definitely move him for Longoria/Myers/Moore (but of course the Rays wouldn't).

Especially since the Rays are one of the low-budget teams in MLB. They wouldn't deal that much talent for a guy who would be gone at the end of his current deal.

What a ridiculous scenario.  We aren't the Yankees or Red Sox.  We have never, ever had a once in a generation player like Mike Trout come up through our system.  This isn't football where high draft picks are 90% locks.  

No way a trade for prospects, no matter how many could ever equal what Mike Trout is worth as a player.  Not to mention what it would be saying to the fans.  Right now we have the opportunity to watch the best player in the game playing, for our team. 

Enjoy it.

But dude, we could trade Mike Trout, for somebody who could maybe be the next Mike Trout!

I dont think anyone in MLB has enough prospects or enough valuable young players under control to be able to trade for Trout.  The Angels would want them all and rightly so.  I dont think many organizations even have the players let alone the willingness to make the deal.

He's the most valuable player in baseball given his age, contract, status and ability.  Angels need to buy out his arb-eligable years and do whatever they can to ensure he's on the team for the long-term.  He's that special of a player.  He's like watching Pujols (apologies for mentioning this) in his prime.  So good, he takes your breath away.

Now, he's a guy that I would be willing to give up: Miller, Rosenthal, Martinez and Taveras for.  Would that be enough?