• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cheap Risk/High Reward

Josh Johnson could pull a Liriano and out it all together for a year or he could suck. I'd rather go for a more reliable option.

Eric Chavez could be a good add if we only counted on about 60-80 games from him.

I don't really want any part of Halladay or Santana but Colby Lewis could be a nice guy to have if he's cheap.

I know Suzuki went to CSUF but would he count towards foreign presence, you know because of his eyes?

Trade Iannetta and sign Suzuki. We could have an Asian catching duo!

Catching would be our very own East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Edited by Mark68

What are some buy low candidates on the FA market that you can see as being a cheap low risk/high reward type player?

Kurt Suzuki

Johan Santana

Mark Ellis

Obviously Santana's arm not falling off is key, but when he's healthy (yes I understand he hasn't been for a while) he's a pretty darn good pitcher. I'm sure he's going to look to get a chance to start somewhere, but if we were able to bring him in on a low cost deal as a depth piece... He'd be better than Blanton, that's for sure.

Suzuki has got better at defense..he had a real big home off price..but he won't be a high reward. Not for offense at least.

Santana I think is done.

Mark Ellis, basically like Suzuki. He'll get a big hit every now and than..but I think he'll retire in a year or two.