• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst-case scenario

Angelsjunky

Except even when good things are brought up or other subjects it the same old crap gets brought right back in.

And you were expecting what, in a thread titled "worst case scenario"?

And as for me, I haven't been here long, but if you look back you will see that I was gushing positivity all off season and right up until they screwed the pooch out of the gate... again.

I think Kershaw is very good, but he has a ton of innings on his arm and four years from now there is no guarantee he will be as effective.

Don't worry. Once Mattingly decides that he wants to leave (because they're not giving him much choice), and the Dodgers hire Dusty Baker, Kershaw will be done in four years.

I don't care about the pooch out of the gate. 

I care about the poor pooch that was being screwed all season long.

But if the pooch comes out of the gate slowly, it has to work very hard to catch up to and pass the rest of the pack, and there is a point where it could start so slowly that it won't catch up.

Yes, every team has bad stretches, so in that sense, starting slowly can just be a bad stretch. However, if your bad stretch is at the beginning of the season, then you have to have a very good stretch (or more than one), and it probably has to correspond with the team(s) ahead of you having their bad stretch. Plus, if you start out with your bad stretch, you're pretty much limiting yourself to that one bad stretch. You have another one during the season (which is a long one), you're done. Cases in point: 2013 Angels and 2012 Angels.

It's easier to jump out to a lead and control your own destiny than to stumble and have to hope that you get hot the same time that those ahead of you stumble.

All in all, I would rather have a good start. It removes a lot (but not all) of the uncertainty.

All things the same this season, the Angels instead of starting 9-17 for April had posted the same record as May of 16-13 they still would have ended the season 85-77, still 5 games out of 2nd place and still not in the Wild Card. Getting a better start would have changed nothing, they still were a bad team and were not making the playoffs.

All things the same this season, the Angels instead of starting 9-17 for April had posted the same record as May of 16-13 they still would have ended the season 85-77, still 5 games out of 2nd place and still not in the Wild Card. Getting a better start would have changed nothing, they still were a bad team and were not making the playoffs.

You're assuming a direct correlation.

Of course if they were even around .500 at the end of April, the ending would have been anything but a foregone conclusion by mid-May. There might have been moves that could have been made around the trade deadline (and even after) if they were closer to contending at the time.

It's NOT an apples-to-apples comparison between getting off to a good start and ending up where they did, and getting off to a better start and still falling short. Being in contention for most of the season opens up options for staying in contention, Being out of it for 75% of the season ensures that the only option is for the same group of stiffs to just play better.

Worst case is Arte raises the beer prices, and I can't enjoy my $4.50 cup of brew anymore.

That isn't really beer in those 4.50 cups.

More (any) craft beer, or at least something drinkable fer crissakes!

Ad some Sierra Nevada or some other decent commercial beer, to the bud-coors-miller crap.

I just don't understand why owners allow their food and beverage service to be the absolute lowest common denominator.

Other ballparks..SF and even Wrigely Field, make the BIG A's concessions look pretty bleak.

Ad some Sierra Nevada or some other decent commercial beer, to the bud-coors-miller crap.

I just don't understand why owners allow their food and beverage service to be the absolute lowest common denominator.

Other ballparks..SF and even Wrigely Field, make the BIG A's concessions look pretty bleak.

I am sure Arte would let Sierra Nevada buy space for an ad if they wanted. 

Something I have wondered about, how much do the Angels sell in beer for a season compared to other teams? May be telling as to why they don't focus on bringing in craft beer as much as other stadiums. 

Wrigley Field has a selection of Bud, Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, Red Stripe, Heineken Light, Pabst and Corona for patrons in the park.