• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Basketball Thread

nate

It was also known that players hated playing for Howland so they got out of there as soon as they can.

Very true. He spent 80% of practice working on defense. Players would come in and not improve offensively which would do nothing for their draft stock.

I never said anything about recruiting tactics, nor did I agree with it.  I said that that article is disturbing and disgusting.  Someone else posted about recruiting.

I know you didn't. I asked for the poster who made the statement to explain what he meant. Then you responded to my post with something that had nothing to do with my question - which you have admitted

That's why I stated: " That doesn't answer my question. "

Hope that clears up any confusion. If not, see HaloThunder for clarification.

One thing that drove me crazy about howland is when he would use timeouts after a made bruins basket.  The bruins would be looking good and have a good offense rhythm going, and then out of nowhere howland would come barging in and kill any momentum they had.

It's almost as if he used his timeouts to help the other team

Lol for that reason I am not getting into this coaching search, I will wait until we have a guy.

I like Stevens and Pitino, not sold on Donovan.  I know his resume is amazing but something about him bothers me.

I love Smart but apparently UCLA doesn't or maybe Smart doesn't.

I guess UCLA has been working on these guys through back channels since December.  I would think that if Smart isn't on the list maybe he indicated that he isn't interested.  Or maybe the donors aren't high on him.

Lol for that reason I am not getting into this coaching search, I will wait until we have a guy.

I like Stevens and Pitino, not sold on Donovan.  I know his resume is amazing but something about him bothers me.

I love Smart but apparently UCLA doesn't or maybe Smart doesn't.

I guess UCLA has been working on these guys through back channels since December.  I would think that if Smart isn't on the list maybe he indicated that he isn't interested.  Or maybe the donors aren't high on him.

I seriously doubt Pitino leaves Louisville. You may be able to get Stevens though.

I think Pitino and Donovan aren't realistic options. I really hope the Smart extension rumors aren't true. I think he would be a great fit at UCLA. At the very least he'd bring an exciting brand of basketball back to Pauly.

I'm also not convinced Van Gundy would be a terrible hire. I think he's a smart coach. Can he recruit?

The problem UCLA faces is they need to hire a name. They can't afford to hire an assistant somewhere and let him build the program. They need someone that they can put in front of a camera and sell seats at Pauley. That is why if it's not Few, Stevens, Donovan or Pitino, it's going to be an NBA retread.