• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Basketball Thread

nate

The other thing to remember about UCLA is the fact that it has such a high expectation. It is not a lifetime coaching gig. Stevens or Smart could come here, get to a couple of Sweet 16s maybe a final four over 10 years, then what? The first lull, as what has happened with Howland, results in a firing.

These guys (Stevens and Smart) have lifetime jobs at their respective schools if they want them. They already exceeded expectations and can't fail unless they go 3-5 years worth of losing seasons.

UCLA is a tough place to get a gig. That said, I will be rooting for Oregon to beat Louisville because I think that's the only way UCLA has a chance at Pitino. Pitino wants the gig, was ready to come here twice, most recently in 2010 when the "Howland should be fired" rumors first started.

If that fails, I think they look at Monty and  Romar.

A 66 year old that more or less hates recruiting would be perfect for UCLA. With that said, he's do a better job on the court with talent than whoever you end up getting if it's not him. I honestly think Monty might be able to turn around UCLA, and quickly (Cal has the best Pac12 record over the five years he's been our coach), but I don't know that he'd want to take the UCLA job at this point.

I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if Monty ended up at UCLA, but I guess anything could happen.

From what I hear, Monty turned down the job and pointed Guerrero in the direction of Howland 10 years ago. Maybe he doesn't want the job. But this is the tier of coaches I think UCLA ends up with.

Nate, I know about all that extra stuff that led to Howlands demise. But it doesn't change the level of expectation with any coach brought in here.

From what I hear, Monty turned down the job and pointed Guerrero in the direction of Howland 10 years ago. Maybe he doesn't want the job. But this is the tier of coaches I think UCLA ends up with.

Nate, I know about all that extra stuff that led to Howlands demise. But it doesn't change the level of expectation with any coach brought in here.

I don't think that makes him likely to take the job now.

The expectations aren't as high as you think.  Too bad you don't have a Scout subscription because they debunked most of those national media myths about UCLA.  Also it is a top 5 job in the country and they have a ton of money to spend, I think they will get a big name.

Actually, it isn't premium content.

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1278062.html