• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NLCS Game 1 Doyers @ Cardinals

CaliAngel

They had their chances today to score a run or two. I give more credit to the Cardinals pitching. 

If I were the Dodgers I would trade for Kendrick and give up a pitching prospect and some other throw in guy. Then I would trade Kemp to replace that pitcher they lost and get a few more pieces as well. They wont do it but it would be the smart move. They need to improve second base and have depth in the OF. 

The dodgers do seem like the perfect destination for kendrick, although, the angels really don't have a replacement for him.

Trumbo, Bourjos and others should be the guys who are traded for pitching.

Edited by Poozy

The dodgers do seem like the perfect destination for kendrick, although, the angels really don't have a replacement for him.

Trumbo, Bourjos and others should be the guys who are traded for pitching.

Didn't they trade for Green?

Didn't Taylor Lindsey kill it in Arkansas this year, putting himself in position as the new #1 prospect? Seems like they have a couple replacements for him.

While I'm not sold on Green, I'm fine with trading Kendrick and seeing what happens in a Green/Lindsey fight in spring training.

And LOL at Dodger fans. One of my friends was complaining about the shadows during the game. He said it wasn't fair that the Dodger hitters had to bat in the shadows, because it made Wacha a good pitcher and that took away their Kershaw advantage LOL.

Well, they won't be able to complain about that on Monday evening, will they? Cards have the Wainwright advantage then.

I will laugh with complete hysterics when the Dodgers get swept out of this series.

"Waaaaah, we had to hit in the shadows today." When they lose on Monday, it will be, "Waaaaah, we had to face Wainwright down 0-2. It's not fair!"

Don't think so.   The FO sees him as the closer of the future.

Don't believe he's ever made a start for the big league team.

It's hard not to love what he can do in 1-2 inning stints to close out games.  I think it's also hard not to see what an arm like his can do in the rotation, especially since he's 23 with almost 2 years of starting in the minors

And LOL at Dodger fans. One of my friends was complaining about the shadows during the game. He said it wasn't fair that the Dodger hitters had to bat in the shadows...

Almost 100% sure "adjusting to shadows" is not part of the game.

I'm no expert though...so you might wanna double check with someone wearing Doyer apparel...I have a hunch they'd know better than me...

It's hard not to love what he can do in 1-2 inning stints to close out games.  I think it's also hard not to see what an arm like his can do in the rotation, especially since he's 23 with almost 2 years of starting in the minors

Agree. 

Come spring training, he may get a shot to compete for the rotation, but there are a lot of other options for starters.   The list below is everyone who started a game as a Cardinal in 2013. 

Wainwright

Wacha

Kelly

Miller

Garcia

Lynn

Gast

Lyons

Martinez

Westbrook

Gast and Garcia are out with injuries but should be back in 2014.    Westbrook's option probably won't be picked up in 2014.

So its not likely Rosenthal will get on the rotation.   Its a bit of a log jam, but with injuries who knows what can happen.

Agree. 

Come spring training, he may get a shot to compete for the rotation, but there are a lot of other options for starters.   The list below is everyone who started a game as a Cardinal in 2013. 

Wainwright

Wacha

Kelly

Miller

Garcia

Lynn

Gast

Lyons

Martinez

Westbrook

Gast and Garcia are out with injuries but should be back in 2014.    Westbrook's option probably won't be picked up in 2014.

So its not likely Rosenthal will get on the rotation.   Its a bit of a log jam, but with injuries who knows what can happen.

If only the Angels could have that problem………………………

sigh 

Edited by SoWhat

Hanley Ramirez, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier are all out for the dodgers.

Very difficult to score many runs with that much production being injured.

Good point. But ethier isn't the same hitter, and kempa been a non factor for them all year.

But I'm sure dog fans will always point it out if they don't come back.