• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Price 4 Trumbo+Bourjos?

The answer to the question I posed answers your question.

We posted at the exact same time. I was referring to the post above you about the dogs laying the ground work for Price. I've talked to a few Dodgers fans and they don't even want Price. There is absolutely no need for him. They want offense.

the more I think about it, the more I realize that the Rays would never even want Trumbo even if we did trade with them.  They would absolutely know they can pull similar value out of the FA market for about 2-3mil for a year and get something that has better future value for Price.  I can't think of a situation where they traded one of their higher priced players for anything other than a guy with almost no service time. 

They got Will Myers for Shields.  There is no freakin way they are gonna want Trumbo for price.  They'll get a position player on the verge of the bigs and a couple of  SP prospects with big upside.  They might want Bourjos, but we've really got nothing else for them, and even if we did, we shouldn't be giving it up at this point. 

They are just not a 'win now' crew. 

The only chance we have of getting something good in return for Trumbo is to deal with a team who's in love with his raw power numbers.  Maybe there is a team or two like that out there.  Maybe not. 

the more I think about it, the more I realize that the Rays would never even want Trumbo even if we did trade with them.  They would absolutely know they can pull similar value out of the FA market for about 2-3mil for a year and get something that has better future value for Price.  I can't think of a situation where they traded one of their higher priced players for anything other than a guy with almost no service time. 

They got Will Myers for Shields.  There is no freakin way they are gonna want Trumbo for price.  They'll get a position player on the verge of the bigs and a couple of  SP prospects with big upside.  They might want Bourjos, but we've really got nothing else for them, and even if we did, we shouldn't be giving it up at this point. 

They are just not a 'win now' crew. 

The only chance we have of getting something good in return for Trumbo is to deal with a team who's in love with his raw power numbers.  Maybe there is a team or two like that out there.  Maybe not. 

There's a couple teams close to contending like the Indians and Rockies that could use his power at 1B but I don't think they have the pitching we would want in return.  Dipoto keeps talking about needing young pitching but its a fantasy that we have anything that could acquire that in trade.  

This is fun:

I didn't include the top 2 WAR guys from each team because they cancelled each other out (Trout, Kendrick vs. Longoria and Zobrist) in both total WAR and salary.  The next ten top PA players were included.

Escobar, Jennings, Loney, Myers, Johnson, Joyce, Rodriguez, Scott, lobaton, Molina

combined WAR: 17.2

combined Salary: 19 mil

Trumbo, Aybar, Hamilton, Pujols, Shuck, Bourjos, Calhoun, Ianetta, Conger, Callaspo

combined WAR: 12.4

combined Salary: 53 mil

Teams don't give up cheap, club-controlled pitching that also happens to be good, unless they're getting back a Miguel Cabrera or a Mark Teixeira. We don't have any of those because we're not trading Mike Trout. If a team like the Angels wants good young pitching, then they have to draft and develop it, and not trade any of it away for rentals. There isn't any realistic way that I can see for the Angels to improve the pitching without taking on significant salary.

We did (Torres, Corbin, Skaggs, and Smith).

Dumb a__es Angry Arte and J. Pierpont Reagins!