• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Price 4 Trumbo+Bourjos?

Could we would we? If so for who? We need pitching rumor has it he's gonna be on the block. I would love to have Price as weave no longer has ace ability. Your thoughts.

Price

Wilson

Weaver

Vargas

Richards

I think we'd compete.  

I would make that trade if we could extend Price.  It would be to much to give up just as a rental.  AND it may not be enough for Price.  Trumbo is going to get expensive and I would think TB would want players who are pre arbitration.

I would make that trade if we could extend Price.  It would be to much to give up just as a rental.  AND it may not be enough for Price.  Trumbo is going to get expensive and I would think TB would want players who are pre arbitration.

Exactly.  The conversation would start at Callhoun.  Then the Rays would say "and", and the Angels would have no answer.  We don't have the pieces that Tampa would want for Price.

The White Sox have two good young arms in Hector Santiago and Jose Quintana.  And they desperately need offense.  Although Trumbo alone definitely wouldn't get it done for either of those guys, perhaps Trumbo and/or Kendrick could form the centerpiece of a deal. 

Kendrick should get you more than just one pitcher!  Could Trumbo and Kendrick bring both?

Kendrick should get you more than just one pitcher!  Could Trumbo and Kendrick bring both?

No way.  Those guys are both really young and have at least four or five years of club control remaining.  I am sure the White Sox would have interest in Trumbo, but who knows if they would even have an interest in Kendrick. 

Halos don't have the ammo to get Price. If Rays make him available, there will be other teams with much better prospects to offer

Agreed.  Bourjos will be 27 next March and has played a grand total of one full season in the majors--and he's about to enter arbitration.  Trumbo is about to enter arbitration, too.  Sure, the Rays would have 3 years of control of both guys, but they're about to get a lot more expensive than they are right now--which kind of defeats the purpose of what the Rays are trying to do here.

James Loney will be a free agent. I believe that will be the first choice if they can get him signed early at a affordable price.

If not ... then Trumbo will be affordable for a team who wants to win now . You throw in Bourjos then I like our chances trading for Price. These are two solid ready to go players in return for Price.

Although I think they may prefer Calhoun over Bourjos.

James Loney will be a free agent. I believe that will be the first choice if they can get him signed early at a affordable price.

If not ... then Trumbo will be affordable for a team who wants to win now . You throw in Bourjos then I like our chances trading for Price. These are two solid ready to go players in return for Price.

Although I think they may prefer Calhoun over Bourjos.

Read the rest of the thread. TB doesn't want players in their arb years. They'll want prospects in any trade for Price. When they traded Shields last offseason, they got back Wil Meyers and other prospects. Edited by AngelsAndRamsFan

Agreed.  Bourjos will be 27 next March and has played a grand total of one full season in the majors--and he's about to enter arbitration.  Trumbo is about to enter arbitration, too.  Sure, the Rays would have 3 years of control of both guys, but they're about to get a lot more expensive than they are right now--which kind of defeats the purpose of what the Rays are trying to do here.

I don't see Bourjos getting that expensive with ARB.  As you said, he only played one full season. 

Not only are those players not enough for a perrenial Cy Young candidate, I don't think outfield and first base are what the Rays need.  Loney had a nice season for them. Zobrist is a free agent but he is a fan favorite.  Escobar is a free agent but I think the Rays still think his upside is worthwhile.  What the Rays need is catching.  I could see interest in Ianetta but then what?  Ianetta, Kendrick (if they don't extend Zobrist), Trumbo (if they don't extend Loney), and Aybar (if they don't extend Escobar).  I think loosing our middle infield for a pitcher would cause Dipoto to balk at such a trade.

Edited by NorCal Halo

exactly why bourjos will be good trade bait just because he is going to enter arbitration doesn't mean he'll win and with his lack of innings played his value is weaker but he has a great upside on potential.