• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

I remember when I had a bad case of bronchitis in the summer of 1988. I had insurance at that time through Blue Cross. Later on I allowed it to lapse for a while. When I reapplied with BC they accepted me but would not cover anything "pulmonary", i.e. affecting the lungs etc. They called it a "waiver".

That sort of thing was routine back in the day. Of course, insurance was a lot cheaper back then.

24 minutes ago, red321 said:

before the ACA people were routinely denied coverage, or were forced to pay significantly more in premiums, as a result of pre-existing conditions.

Worst was let's say you applied for coverage, and sometime down the road you came down with a critical illness, like cancer. Payers would scour through your application and medical history to try and identify if you had missed something they could categorize as a pre-existing condition so they could retroactively cancel your policy. An example I read...someone had been misdiagnosed with gout by an urgent care doctor. They went to their normal doctor the next day, didn't think twice about it. Years later they were flagged for not disclosing gout as a pre-existing condition and had their policy cancelled.

They could bill you for all benefits you may have received during all the time you had the policy. I don't know how often they actually did that. I would imagine it would bankrupt most people.

i found the real agenda trump has with obamacare:

"The House GOP bill would do away with a number of tax hikes that helped finance the cost of Obamacare, including a tax on some medical device manufacturers, a hike in payroll taxes and investment income taxes for wealthy households, a tax on indoor tanning, and a tax on high-deductible "Cadillac" insurance plans."

On 5/5/2017 at 3:13 PM, Brandon said:

i found the real agenda trump has with obamacare:

"The House GOP bill would do away with a number of tax hikes that helped finance the cost of Obamacare, including a tax on some medical device manufacturers, a hike in payroll taxes and investment income taxes for wealthy households, a tax on indoor tanning, and a tax on high-deductible "Cadillac" insurance plans."

so when people cite how this new health care plan gives a "tax break" to the rich, this is what they mean? stupid.

it's a shame that as a country the current trend is to want the wealthy to pay more taxes instead of wanting our gov't to spend our money more responsibly.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:57 PM, calscuf said:

My current plan, which was pre-Obama, excludes my left knee, because I sprained it playing baseball 15 years ago.

Blue Cross was forced to send me a letter recently basically telling me my plan was shit and California told them they had to tell me and they could offer me a better plan.  

How will BC ever make any money? Un-American to make them work for free.

• 3 weeks later...

They are dropping out because the admin is threatening to take away CSR payments.

The problem with the Republican plan is it basically provides nothing.

They were making a lot of progress on fixing Obamacare before the administration changeover.

The ACA will fail 
Pre-ACA would have failed.
Whatever the Republicans end up proposing, in the unlikely event they do have any intention of doing so, will fail.
Single payer will fail
Free market will fail.

The conditions that exist far exceed any solution.