• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout is slumping

Angelsjunky

I'd like to see Trout batting 2nd followed by Calhoun in the 3rd spot

I was thinking the other way...Calhoun, to me, is an ideal 2 hitter - a mix power. patience and speed.  If Sciocsia insists on batting Pujols 3rd again next season, I can even envision a scenario where Calhoun would lead-off:

1  Calhoun

2. Trout

3.  Pujols 

He is, although he hit a couple of balls pretty hard today. I had the same thinking that he's tiring down the stretch again, but at least he's taking walks this year unlike last year.

his ops is over 1.042 in september. I fail to see how he's tiring. Wtf

Miguel Cabrera has a .629 OPS 

Chris davis has a .764 OPS

Edited by Poozy

his ops is over 1.042 in september. I fail to see how he's tiring. Wtf

Miguel Cabrera has a .629 OPS 

Chris davis has a .764 OPS

You can't just look at his stats and say that. Watch the games, he's whiffing on alot of balls past 90 mph and fouling off the ones he does hit. His bat speed is definitely slowing down due to fatigue, but because of his great plate discipline his OPS will be high all month. 

You can't just look at his stats and say that. Watch the games, he's whiffing on alot of balls past 90 mph and fouling off the ones he does hit. His bat speed is definitely slowing down due to fatigue, but because of his great plate discipline his OPS will be high all month. 

He's hitting .340 in the month of september. I didn't know you could tell that his bat speed is slowing down just from watching him on tv. 

Didn't think that was possible.

Already, Trout this year became the first player in major-league history with at least 50 homers and 70 steals before turning 22, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. And he is one of just four players all-time with at least 50 homers, 200 runs scored and a .320 batting average in his first two full seasons.

The other three? Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams and Albert Pujols.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/scott-miller/23683725/mike-trout-continues-to-nip-at-history-books-in-a-lost-angels-season

It's the last 10 games:

.212 with a .394 SLG. Though last night shows he's still got plenty left in the tank.

seems very selective though. Pretty much any player in baseball will have stretches like that multiple times a year. I don't think it means he's fatigued or tired just because it happened at the end of the year.

seems very selective though. Pretty much any player in baseball will have stretches like that multiple times a year. I don't think it means he's fatigued or tired just because it happened at the end of the year.

Ted Williams had quite a few games in 1941 where he went hitless or had only one hit, yet in almost all those games he had some walks, often two or three. He'd have a 1-1 night with three walks, things like that.

If Miggy wins the MVP again the MVP award will become a false recognition.

Come on, YoT. Obviously I'm a big advocate of WAR and sabermetrics, but Miggy is having a great year and hardly an undeserving candidate. I mean, he's got a 1.104 OPS! He's going to finish around .345ish with 45+ HR and 140+ RBI. Those are just ungodly numbers.

While I'd like to see Trout win the MVP - and he deserves it - if you're going to lose to someone, it might as well be Miggy. There have been many far worse MVP awards.