• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Best GM In MLB

Angelsjunky

Agree with Nate on St.L.  People forget that TB was a doormat for many years and they were able to stockpile those draft picks and their farm system has developed terrific talent.  Look for Houston to be a competing team in a few years.

Tampa has been good for years and still maintained a great farm system. They have made smart (or at least not stupid) free agent signings. They made a great managerial decision too. Kansas City and Pittsburgh were terrible for longer than Tampa has been in existence and are 4 years behind them in terms of success. High picks don't mean much if you aren't smart.

StL also has a great GM, I think they are the top two. But what they did and are doing in Tampa is awesome. Let's not forget that StL has kept all the players they wanted except Pujols. Tampa doesn't have that luxury.

Agree with Nate on St.L.  People forget that TB was a doormat for many years and they were able to stockpile those draft picks and their farm system has developed terrific talent.  Look for Houston to be a competing team in a few years.

Although I'd like to see the Astros become successful, it will probably be another 10 years until they're actually competitive. They have a healthy farm system, but a lot of those players aren't going to pan out and they don't really have a strong core at the major league level. Jason Castro is pretty much their only good player. They'll be the Mariners in 5 years if they're lucky.

I don't care that the Giants team won the world series despite me hating them.  They had some of the best teams in the league that never won that probably should have.  So, it evens out really.

I agree..the late 80s and early 00 teams were far better and more deserving.

I think I remember Danny mentioning how it was difficult to become attached to players on the A's when you were constantly seeing a rotating door with players coming and going. Players that Beane had picked and worked out well. He was probably more confused and dumbfounded than seething at the teeth with Beane.

The Giants won two out of the last three World Series' - how is that a "fluke"?

Stop with the SoCal butthurt.

All you have to do is look at this season. Basically the same team in a bad division are how are they faring?

Right, they're in last place and have had far less injuries than either the Dodgers or Diamondbacks.

Like I said, I can't deny how they did in the world series. They were very convincing and basically made the Tigers look like nothing.. it's just how they got there. Winning on errors, blown calls and major injuries proves very little.

I think I remember Danny mentioning how it was difficult to become attached to players on the A's when you were constantly seeing a rotating door with players coming and going. Players that Beane had picked and worked out well. He was probably more confused and dumbfounded than seething at the teeth with Beane.

Since I'm right here, I'll field that question! It is, but it wasn't as bad as before.

Good point doc.

I think I big reason is drafting and promoting guys who are the same generation. I think there's a bit more cohesiveness when guys come up together and are at similar career points.

Obviously the pitching has kicked in lately. But I wonder if now that the season is over and the team is fielding so many young/unheard of types, they're probably a bit more relaxed and a bit better chemistry. (In terms of the angels)