• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Losing a season series to that pathetic team!

Angel Oracle

It's more than frustrating that the Halos have lost all season against the Astros.

And I love how some see the "silver lining" of the Halos winning the last 15 out of 20 when it doesn't matter anymore since they are way off the mark for a playoff spot.

This team needs to be very concerned this trend of losing to the Astros does not continue into the 2014 season. If the Halos are in the hunt for a playoff spot in 2014, the Astros could be our daddy and spoil it at the end of the season. Then lets see how many silver linings posts we have here!

It's more than frustrating that the Halos have lost all season against the Astros.

And I love how some see the "silver lining" of the Halos winning the last 15 out of 20 when it doesn't matter anymore since they are way off the mark for a playoff spot.

This team needs to be very concerned this trend of losing to the Astros does not continue into the 2014 season. If the Halos are in the hunt for a playoff spot in 2014, the Astros could be our daddy and spoil it at the end of the season. Then lets see how many silver linings posts we have here!

So our focus going into the offseason should be setting this team up to beat the Astros next year.  Got it.

I'm still enjoying the good play while it lasts.  

Vargas though...

That was concerning.  I was listening on the radio and they said Vargas is terrible against the Astros.  Just one of those things.  That said, it give you a bit of a pause if you're thinking about re-signing him in the offseason.

Glen, if we have learned one thing this year its that we aren't allowed to enjoy when the team wins games and plays well, because the season is OVER. The team obviously should be focusing on losing to better the draft pick, because "starry eyed" Moreno will sign Cano and we will still get to keep our pick, which should help this team in 4 years. To fight that logic is just plain silly and really shows how much of a fan you aren't.

The Angels have a history of having average to bad teams that beat us on a regular basis. Lately it was Toronto, before that The A's (when they weren't good), Twins when they weren't good, and KC for some reason had our number. People hate to hear this because they think it is a cop out, but it's just baseball.

It's baseball, but the Astros are not your ordinary mediocre team. Losing quite a few season series to say Toronto is frustrating. But losing a season series to a team as bad as the Astros have been is just downright embarrassing.

I have been very happy with the play over the past 3 weeks going into this series. I just don't like being embarrassed seeing them go at best 9-10 against a team that may end up winning barely over 1/3 of its' games. It would almost be like losing the 2003 season series to the 119 loss Tigers, which the Halos thankfully didn't do.

The Angels have a history of having average to bad teams that beat us on a regular basis. Lately it was Toronto, before that The A's (when they weren't good), Twins when they weren't good, and KC for some reason had our number. People hate to hear this because they think it is a cop out, but it's just baseball.

One season we were swept by Baltimore, and they weren't good either. Strange things happen in baseball.

It's not a holier than thou attitude, it's called perspective. Stupid shit happens in baseball to every single team all the time. For some reason the Astros play their best baseball against us, it happens. The Astros are a team that plays hard and execute against us at a level that is higher than other better baseball teams do against us. I'm guessing Tigers fans feel the same about the Angels this year. In my opinion Its not really something to be concerned with at least not this season.

It's not a holier than thou attitude, it's called perspective. Stupid shit happens in baseball to every single team all the time. For some reason the Astros play their best baseball against us, it happens. The Astros are a team that plays hard and execute against us at a level that is higher than other better baseball teams do against us. I'm guessing Tigers fans feel the same about the Angels this year. In my opinion Its not really something to be concerned with at least not this season.

So it isn't a concern that a HORRIBLE team is executing better than us?