• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Losing a season series to that pathetic team!

Angel Oracle

I didn't see the game, but to me it looked like Vargas shit the couch. Tough to win when you give up 9 runs. The Angels have been executing at a pretty high level for about a month now against better teams, so no, one game isn't going to upset me.

It's not one game. They lost the season series to this team, hence why this thread was made...

Ok I get that, but this thread is no different in my eyes than starting a thread right now about how poorly the team has played this year. We get it, it's been an awful year. But the team has won 15 of 20, but we lose this game and we come on and read this. Should we start a thread about how Hamilton had a bad game yesterday? I guess I just don't get why we are still frustrated after five months of bad baseball. This team is just having an ugly awful season that saw a ton of injuries and a ton of horrible performances by players earning big money. That's it in a nutshell.

Point is Astros have 96 losses. What does that tell you? That the teams that play them win 65% of the time(If you take out the Angels, the other teams win at almost a 70% clip vs them). And who plays the Astros the most? The AL West. So if all the AL West teams beat up on them(Like they have, Rangers are 14-2, A's are 15-4) and the Angels don't, well that put the Angels at a disadvantage (obviously) and thus making this concerning for next year if this becomes a trend.

if we go even 12-6 vs. Houston this year -- we're a team that's playing pretty much .500 ball.

check what Oakland and Texas have done vs. Houston this year -- I think Texas may have lost two games and Oakland one to Houston.

that's about 10 games in the standings right there between the Halos and the A's & Rangers......

horrible.

It's not one game. They lost the season series to this team, hence why this thread was made...

Anyone who is focused on our performance against one team after a season like this one has no clue about perspective. I sincerely hope that we go into this offseason with loftier goals than winning the series against the Astros in 2014.

if we go even 12-6 vs. Houston this year -- we're a team that's playing pretty much .500 ball.

check what Oakland and Texas have done vs. Houston this year -- I think Texas may have lost two games and Oakland one to Houston.

that's about 10 games in the standings right there between the Halos and the A's & Rangers......

horrible.

Records vs. the Astros this year by the rest of the division:

Angels 7-10

Rangers 14-2

Athletics 15-4

Mariners 10-9

Anyone who is focused on our performance against one team after a season like this one has no clue about perspective. I sincerely hope that we go into this offseason with loftier goals than winning the series against the Astros in 2014.

Focusing on beating the Astros can go long ways to the Angels having a good season next year

agree with tennichmp -- not to fixate on the Astros -- but look at the season records LV posted above -- BTW -- A's must have 'tanked' in the late August/ September series vs. Houston because they won something like their first 12 games against them before losing one and only had one loss to Houston all season going into the final two series (home and home) against them.

Texas lost to Houston on opening night (the ESPN season opener if you will recall) and then only lost one more to them all season -- looks like they have one more series against them.

Again, if we would have gone 12-6 against a team the rest of the Division beat up on, we gain, at a minimum FIVE games in the standings and are playing close to .500 ball.

The record vs. Houston has truly made our August/ September games worthless -- 5 to 6 game gain in the standings would have been us at least within shouting distance where a decent streak puts you back in it (remember Colorado a few years back winning something like 20 of their last 23 games to make the playoffs coming from way out?).

So I think the record against the doormat of the division is certainly something that you can improve upon and it pays a two-fer (two games in the standings) for every game you win.

Losing a 6 game season series is a lot different from losing a 19 game season series to a terrible team. That is 12% of the season right there.

Put that in perspective, that would be like the Jaguars sweeping two games from someone like the Pats. Should never, eeeeever happen.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Records vs. the Astros this year by the rest of the division:

Angels 7-10

Rangers 14-2

Athletics 15-4

Mariners 10-9

This is a huge reason why we aren't even in wild card contention right now. Imagine if they could go 13-5 against that shitty team. We'd be like 4-5 games back of the wild card. Losing 10 games to an unbelievably bad team is something that doesn't sit well with me.

Ok I get that, but this thread is no different in my eyes than starting a thread right now about how poorly the team has played this year. We get it, it's been an awful year. But the team has won 15 of 20, but we lose this game and we come on and read this. Should we start a thread about how Hamilton had a bad game yesterday? I guess I just don't get why we are still frustrated after five months of bad baseball. This team is just having an ugly awful season that saw a ton of injuries and a ton of horrible performances by players earning big money. That's it in a nutshell.

You have been on this board long enough to know that there are many who roam this board are only happy when the can hate on something about the Angels.  They are not happy when they are winning.

Losing a 6 game season series is a lot different from losing a 19 game season series to a terrible team. That is 12% of the season right there.

Put that in perspective, that would be like the Jaguars sweeping two games from someone like the Pats. Should never, eeeeever happen.

For that comparison to have any sort of validity, the Angels would have to lose every game against the Astros.  That's just the start of what's faulty about that comparison.

This is a huge reason why we aren't even in wild card contention right now. Imagine if they could go 13-5 against that shitty team. We'd be like 4-5 games back of the wild card. Losing 10 games to an unbelievably bad team is something that doesn't sit well with me.

Probably the low point of the entire season was getting swept at home by Houston in a four-game series.

"I know that there have to be other teams below .500 against the Astros", you're saying to yourself. And you are correct, with a couple of caveats. No other team under .500 against Houston has played more than seven games against them, and only one other team is more than one game under .500 against them. Our glorious company:

Chicago White Sox - 3-4

Colorado - 1-3

Milwaukee - 1-2

On the other side of the ledger, Boston and Detroit are both 6-1 against Houston.