• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conger and Calhoun? Yea or Nay

stevestevens

Both have shown that their bat is good enough to play in the big leagues.  Conger has shown that he can be a mid .700 ops guy which is solid for an MLB catcher.

Calhoun is the only player, other than Trout, with an OPS over .800, which with his OBP, I think a .780 to .800 is pretty realistic possibility over the course of the season. 

I would be perfectly fine going into next season with these two guys penciled in as starters.  I like Calhoun, he seems to bring some intensity and excitement to the clubhouse. 

I'm okay with both.  I do want to see a much larger sample size with Calhoun before I would get too excited about what he can do.  Can he adjust to the pitching book on him during a long season?  We're catching starved, Conger over Iannetta is an easy one for me; I'm just not an Iannetta fan at all.

A ginger and a chinaman. Sign me up!

905f049a-8285-4fd6-82d3-5aa7c0dc01c6.jpg

I was a bit concerned with Calhoun when he went through that brief slump, but he's come back strong again and I think he's going to live up to expectations.  I think a .280/.360/.475 type line is well within reach next year.

I am holding out hope that they trade Calhoun for Kershaw.

Oh please. You know damn well they couldn't get Kershaw for Calhoun :rolleyes:

It would take AT LEAST Calhoun and Jeppy to get the talks started. Throw in Buckner to sweeten the deal.

Edited by tdawg87

Yes to Conger cause we don't have any better options. Yes to Calhoun and even though I've been a Bourjos fan all along I think I might finally agree with trading him and have an outfield of Trout/Calhoun/Hamilton. We package Bourjos and Kendrick for a SP and then suddenly we just might be a good team with some bullpen moves as well.