• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AP: Scioscia downplays rift with Dipoto

70runner

I think it's funny that Scioscia still brings up Hatcher but then says he's gotten over it. I'm guessing he still brings up Jeffy when he and DiPoto get arguing too. Clearly he's not turned the page on losing his good buddy Mickey.

We have a like button on here.  However, at times we need a "stupid" button or something like that!  Scioscia bringing up Hatcher made perfect sense in the realm of the article.  The focus was on his so called rift between him and Dipoto.  Scioscia simply brought up Hatcher as the only really issue and both have gotten past it.

To infer that Scioscia is obsessed with it and "still brings it up" is only brought up to show hate and show no obectivity.

and that is all Sosh's fault?  That is silly.  Even at that, so what?  It's just sports.

lol ok, "it's just sports". So then why are we all posting on this message board? that is such a weak copout to saying someone deserves less blame than he's getting. Clearly it's not all Scioscia's fault but IMO the team should be better than they are.

I expect Scioscia to be gone at the end of the season, and I am perfectly fine with that. However, I get the impression that people expect a complete turn around from this organization in his absence. Obviously it's time for a change, but replacing Mike isn't going to fix the awful mess of a pitching staff.

I expect Scioscia to be gone at the end of the season, and I am perfectly fine with that. However, I get the impression that people expect a complete turn around from this organization in his absence. Obviously it's time for a change, but replacing Mike isn't going to fix the awful mess of a pitching staff.

A new voice might be just what the doctor ordered. It would be nice to see our Angels start to play baseball in April again.

And spring training wouldn't hurt.

lol ok, "it's just sports". So then why are we all posting on this message board? that is such a weak copout to saying someone deserves less blame than he's getting. Clearly it's not all Scioscia's fault but IMO the team should be better than they are.

I'm referring to all of the anger directed at Sosh, like he's a bad guy because the Angels aren't winning.  It's silly.  

We have a like button on here.  However, at times we need a "stupid" button or something like that!  Scioscia bringing up Hatcher made perfect sense in the realm of the article.  The focus was on his so called rift between him and Dipoto.  Scioscia simply brought up Hatcher as the only really issue and both have gotten past it.

To infer that Scioscia is obsessed with it and "still brings it up" is only brought up to show hate and show no obectivity.

No, it's to show he hasn't gotten over it. And I honestly don't think he has. He was the one to bring it up to the reporter. Yes, it's the only public disagreement but to bring it up to remind all that he thinks Dipoto was wrong about that shows he hasn't gotten over it. Should he leave the Angels and be hired somewhere else, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him take Mickey along with him.  And I have plenty of obectivity, at least I would if I knew what it was.

I think the only reason Sosh brought up Mickey is because that was an example of a rift between him and Dipoto. I didn't read it as Mike being still butthurt about it.

And it's still something that gets brought up by the media. Not necessarily this reporter in this instance, but just about every Scioscia/Dipoto article that was posted here the other day mentioned Scioscia not agreeing with the Hatcher dismissal.

I didn't read anything more into Scioscia bringing it up than addressing a talking point that continues to be repeated.

And it's still something that gets brought up by the media. Not necessarily this reporter in this instance, but just about every Scioscia/Dipoto article that was posted here the other day mentioned Scioscia not agreeing with the Hatcher dismissal.

I didn't read anything more into Scioscia bringing it up than addressing a talking point that continues to be repeated.

Let's get to the real issue. The Hatcher firing was nothing and is a non-issue. Jerry Dipoto getting hired as GM and publicly given full authority by Arte over all of the baseball operations is what hit Scioscia in the heart more than anything else. 

Look at the season.  Matsui was batting under 250 through out most of the season.  He had a good August and September.  However, at that time we were long out of the race.  He stunk when when we needed him most.  We could have gotten Vladdy for less and it was a slap in the guys face a guy who was an MVP for the Angels to go with Matsui instead. 

BTW:  How was Vladdy at DH for the Rangers....and what was his salary!

Bad Decision.  Did it cause our downfall, no, but it was the first bad decision that led to worse decisions.

No, it's to show he hasn't gotten over it. And I honestly don't think he has. He was the one to bring it up to the reporter. Yes, it's the only public disagreement but to bring it up to remind all that he thinks Dipoto was wrong about that shows he hasn't gotten over it. Should he leave the Angels and be hired somewhere else, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him take Mickey along with him.  And I have plenty of obectivity, at least I would if I knew what it was.

You need to get over your hate of Scioscia.  His comments is to illustrate about the so called rift between Dipoto and Scioscia.  The story would be very shallow if no mention of Hatcher was brought up.

Why did Sosh bring up his disagreement with Dipoto on the firing of Hatcher when everyone here at @ngelswin knows it was Pujols that fired Hatcher.  :P

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1186595-angels-fire-hatcher-just-poor-hitting-pujols-play-a-role

That's your preconception, and the writer of that article's opinion of what happened.  I didn't take that article as in any way factual.  I don't think anyone knows exactly the facts about the Hatcher dismissal, except for a very select few, and that doesn't include sports writers or anyone on this board.  Furthermore I could care less, he's gone and we have moved on.  To turn it into anything more than that, without any real facts, is silly.

That's your preconception, and the writer of that article's opinion of what happened. I didn't take that article as in any way factual. I don't think anyone knows exactly the facts about the Hatcher dismissal, except for a very select few, and that doesn't include sports writers or anyone on this board. Furthermore I could care less, he's gone and we have moved on. To turn it into anything more than that, without any real facts, is silly.

I miss the sarcasm button here.

I am sure MS wasn't happy about Mickey being fired, but I remember it being more about the way it was done ie MS felt Dipoto didn't consult with him or even tell him.  Of course, Dipoto isn't under any obligation to do so, but I can see how MS would expect a little courtesy being that JD knew of Mike's and Mickey's friendship.  Regardless, it doesn't mean that they don't have a functional professional relationship.  They probably just don't like each other that much.