• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' tense atmosphere nearly included Pujols, Hunter fight in 2012

Scott34

Moreno is the big problem. Take only last year, for example. He left Dipoto with no money to spend on pitching. Dipoto could have put in a bid for Peavy or Sanchez instead of who they got to pitch if they had not spent all that money on Hamilton. Or, if Moreno really wanted to get into a bidding war to assuage his ego, maybe they could have bid against the Yankees for Kuroda. There were all kinds of places to spend the Josh money to shore up the pitching staff. It wasn't just Greinke.

What really sucks is that he gave Reagins 24 hours to get Vernon Wells. LOL. I mean, if that isn't owner meddling, what is? It actually makes you feel sorry for Reagins being put into that position, then fired when it didn't work out to Moreno's satisfaction. Apparently, the Moreno meddling has been going on for quite some time.

Now you hear talk of Moreno firing someone? Crazy. How can anyone work under the constraints of that crackpot? Then you learn that he's already fired like 40 people or whatever? How can anyone work in an environment like that?

Everyone has probably experienced working in an environment where there are constant firings or layoffs. You try mightily to get things done, but it's near impossible with everyone updating their resumes and leaving if the can.

So, I find it hard to blame Scioscia or Dipoto. I put the full blame on Moreno. Mickey Mouse did a far better job of running the Angels.

Moreno is the big problem. Take only last year, for example. He left Dipoto with no money to spend on pitching. Dipoto could have put in a bid for Peavy or Sanchez instead of who they got to pitch if they had not spent all that money on Hamilton. Or, if Moreno really wanted to get into a bidding war to assuage his ego, maybe they could have bid against the Yankees for Kuroda. There were all kinds of places to spend the Josh money to shore up the pitching staff. It wasn't just Greinke.

What really sucks is that he gave Reagins 24 hours to get Vernon Wells. LOL. I mean, if that isn't owner meddling, what is? It actually makes you feel sorry for Reagins being put into that position, then fired when it didn't work out to Moreno's satisfaction. Apparently, the Moreno meddling has been going on for quite some time.

Now you hear talk of Moreno firing someone? Crazy. How can anyone work under the constraints of that crackpot? Then you learn that he's already fired like 40 people or whatever? How can anyone work in an environment like that?

Everyone has probably experienced working in an environment where there are constant firings or layoffs. You try mightily to get things done, but it's near impossible with everyone updating their resumes and leaving if the can.

So, I find it hard to blame Scioscia or Dipoto. I put the full blame on Moreno. Mickey Mouse did a far better job of running the Angels.

I agree with all that.  I disliked Moreno immediately after he announced the team name would include los angeles in it, essentially giving us the most hideous name in sports.   He then forces his gm and front office staff to trade away napoli for wells, 4 pitchers for haren and when those dont work out...he cripples the franchise with 2 horrible contracts for the next 10 years.

I liked the angels better pre-moreno days.  The leaking of information between dipoto or scioscia getting fired is the latest unprofessional thing he has done to this organization.  He needs to sell the team and go the hell back to arizona.

Looks like Grigori is using speculations as Facts.

But that seems to be the norm recently around here.

There have been several articles stating that Moreno has been meddling in player personnel decisions. It's very close to a fact that Moreno was behind all 3 of the huge mistakes (Pujols, Wells, and Hamilton). It's pretty close to a fact that Arte is to blame for the horrid decision making that has been made the last 3 years. I guess you're one of the people who just downplay every article because you don't agree with it.

we had the #1 offense in baseball in 2012 even without Hamilton.  You lose Torii and even if you Trade Morales for Vargas, you essentially have the same offense you have right now.  Any player could have provided the production we have gotten from Hamilton this season.  Even with pujols limited and hamilton providing very little, no morales, no Torii and they still have an offense that ranks in the top third

You could have had Vargas, Anibal Sanchez, and Kyle Lohse and another pen guy or two for about what hamilton is making.  Coulda, shoulda, woulda. 

My point is that it's a good lesson for 2014.  The offense will be average at worst if you throw Mike Trout and eight scrubs out there. 

Pitching, Pitching, Pitching and Mike Trout.  Fortify the crap out of the pen.  Win 3-1 and 4-2 a lot. 

we had the #1 offense in baseball in 2012 even without Hamilton.  You lose Torii and even if you Trade Morales for Vargas, you essentially have the same offense you have right now.  Any player could have provided the production we have gotten from Hamilton this season.  Even with pujols limited and hamilton providing very little, no morales, no Torii and they still have an offense that ranks in the top third

You could have had Vargas, Anibal Sanchez, and Kyle Lohse and another pen guy or two for about what hamilton is making.  Coulda, shoulda, woulda. 

My point is that it's a good lesson for 2014.  The offense will be average at worst if you throw Mike Trout and eight scrubs out there. 

Pitching, Pitching, Pitching and Mike Trout.  Fortify the crap out of the pen.  Win 3-1 and 4-2 a lot. 

BUT HOMERUNS

The problem is moreno doesnt learn from his mistakes, he just keeps doing the same stupid shit over and over.  Remember he tried to get carl crawford before the wells deal?  he lucked out when crawford went to boston, but did he learn from it?  No, he gives a ridiculous contract to an old albert pujols, then he does the same thing with hamilton.  

The guy has no clue what he's doing.

This place is becoming a very bad nightmare.

People are still saying shit like this? First off, if you don't like it here, no one is forcing you to stay. Instead of bitching about the quality of the board you could just leave.

Secondly, this board is incredibly tame when compared to other sports message boards. Ever been to the Lakers board when they lose? How about the Red Sox?

I don't know what some of you guys are expecting. All roses and rainbows and sunshine despite the awful state of the organization.

I think some of us expect some semblance of logic interspersed with the vitriol.

For some of us, baseball is kind of an escape, as is aw.  So coming here and finding no solace, instead just finding blind anger and 1000 threads about the same complaint gets difficult to read over time.

That isn't to say folks don't have the ability to post pretty much whatever they want.  But don't get all pissy just because all fans don't enjoy reading 10 pages full of bitching.

I think some of us expect some semblance of logic interspersed with the vitriol.

For some of us, baseball is kind of an escape, as is aw.  So coming here and finding no solace, instead just finding blind anger and 1000 threads about the same complaint gets difficult to read over time.

That isn't to say folks don't have the ability to post pretty much whatever they want.  But don't get all pissy just because all fans don't enjoy reading 10 pages full of bitching.

So instead of trying to create positive posts and threads, they bitch and moan themselves.

Excuse me, could you direct me to the Angels Mindless Devotion Forum. I can't find it.