• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jack Clark Fired

SoWhat

The point is that Albert adds God and family to everything he does in his life.  It's just who he is.  He's not adding it as a "trump card."  He's adding it because he always adds it.  

If Albert never talked about God and his family, then it would certainly come across disingenuous or trump card-like, but that's not the case.  He's not adding it to boost his case, he adds it because he always adds it.  That's who he is.

I agree -- Salmon was very similar in that he was always open about his faith, not to the extent that AP is but, there were things you knew Salmon just wouldn't do because it went against his core beliefs.

The point is that Albert adds God and family to everything he does in his life.  It's just who he is.  He's not adding it as a "trump card."  He's adding it because he always adds it.  

If Albert never talked about God and his family, then it would certainly come across disingenuous or trump card-like, but that's not the case.  He's not adding it to boost his case, he adds it because he always adds it.  That's who he is.

EDIT:  By the way, that doesn't mean I think you should believe him or not believe him.  But calling him out on the God and family thing now doesn't make sense.

OK, fair enough. I'll amend my view and agree that it isn't a trump card, but still feel that it doesn't change things one iota - it neither validates or invalidates his statement. For me, at least.

OK, fair enough. I'll amend my view and agree that it isn't a trump card, but still feel that it doesn't change things one iota - it neither validates or invalidates his statement. For me, at least.

Basically you had already come to your own conclusion regardless of what Albert would have said.

Why a bulldog of all dogs?  

The low to the ground body?   A popular mascot-induced fantasy?

If I had to throw a random breed out there, it has to be the Pomeranians.  Yep.

All valid questions.  You'd need to ask the flute. 

If you look at any of this objectively, none of it makes sense.

* Albert's trainer (and good friend) spills a big secret like this ... and he chooses Clark as the guy?  Really?!?!

* With all of the investigations that have been going into PEDs by MLB and other agencies, Albert's name has never come up.  

* Albert has never tested dirty.  While this may (or may not) have been the case for other athletes that later came up as using, again ... Albert's name has never come up in any of the investigations.

* Clark is in the first week of a brand new radio show.  Hmmm ... what would be a great way to let people know he's on the air?  To get people to tune in?  To jump start the ratings?  I don't know, maybe you make s**t up about one of the city's most beloved athletes.  

I don't know whether or not Albert ever used (though I tend to believe he didn't), but I'm pretty certain Clark is full of it!  

I applaud Albert for making a stand here. I remember when Carol Burnett sued The Enquirer over a slander and won.

Maybe this will stop some of these guys from shooting off their mouths just for the sake of it.

I wonder how more of them don't get sued. I hear a lot of people, both on ESPN and local sports radio, popping off about stuff they can't possibly know to be true. I don't have an issue when they identify it as opinion or speculation (just raising the possibility), but some want to be the one to "break the story" whether it is a story or not.

None of this makes sense.......not sure what Jack Clark was trying to do but he stirred up some real short term controversy that will last longer than his gig with the radio station.

Albert did what he had to do -- with MLB suspending 12 guys this week with a potential life-time ban for A-Rod -- Albert couldn't sit by quietly on this.

oh well, hope it all blows over and is behind everyone.

Clark might think next time BEFORE he engages mouth.......

Maybe Rob Neyer has neither in his life. Those of us who do, tend to make them our top priority. Both influence the choices I make and have made in my life, so why not Albert. Sad that our world is one that looks with an eye of skepticism on those who hold to such values, especially those in the public eye.

With all due respect Michifan, a majority of the world's population hold to those values so I wouldn't characterize the world as being skeptic towards those types of values.

Rob Neyer is an assclown for making a slanderous statement about something he never witnessed except through heresay. Characterizing him, without knowing him, as someone who doesn't have a specific set of religious values or beliefs, making him somehow less of a person, is just about as bad as what he said about Pujols.

Everyone is there own person in this life. They are free to choose their own ideals and beliefs and use them as guidance through it. We shouldn't disparage anyone, including Rob Neyer for what they may or may not believe.

To be honest, I think Albert was probably juicing, at least for a time. I think most hitters, or at least power hitters, in the mid-90s to early-00s were juicing - and yes by "most" I mean most.

I also agree with Rob Neyer that when he uses the "God and family" card it just makes him sound disingenuous.

Agreed. Pujols likely was. Along with just about everyone else. People always forget that pitchers were on the gear just as much.

I'm not defending juicers. That said, for every pujols, arod, etc, there's hundred of guys that used the exact same drugs that never got passed triple A.

Things sound disingenuous when they're brought up in a way that is out of character for the person, in an effort to frame themselves in a better light.  

Albert talks about God and his family all the time.  It's who he is.  It's who he's been for the entirety of his career.  It's anything but disingenuous. 

This.  I'm not a religious person at all but that statement is 100% in character for him, which adds some believability to it.  I was at barnes and noble recently (wait, there are still bookstores?) and grabbed a copy of his book.  Thought about buying it as his story was interesting but then noticed it had 239048290384 references to god on the back/front covers and the first 3 pages and decided I'd rather not be indoctrinated.

But with someone like this that truly is religious (he prayed to figure out which team he wanted to go to ><) I don't believe he would do steroids and a response like that sounds reasonable.  He also seems like a standup guy in general.  Steriods would be out of character for him.  That said, you never really know in today's day and age.  It wouldn't SHOCK me if he was juicing.

With all due respect Michifan, a majority of the world's population hold to those values so I wouldn't characterize the world as being skeptic towards those types of values.

Rob Neyer is an assclown for making a slanderous statement about something he never witnessed except through heresay. Characterizing him, without knowing him, as someone who doesn't have a specific set of religious values or beliefs, making him somehow less of a person, is just about as bad as what he said about Pujols.

Everyone is there own person in this life. They are free to choose their own ideals and beliefs and use them as guidance through it. We shouldn't disparage anyone, including Rob Neyer for what they may or may not believe.

I don't think he was disparaging Neyer, he was commenting on the fact that Neyer seems to have a problem with Pujols talking about God in this situation.  If anyone was disparaging, it was Neyer.  Quite honestly, I do wonder about anyone who would have a problem with Pujols' comment.

what would be jack clark's motivation for lying?

Publicity.  And he's getting it.  It (was) his first week hosting a TV show in St. Louis, what better way to get publicity and attention than by vilifying Albert Pujols in St. Louis?  Seems like some pretty strong motivation to me.