• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another tipping thread

If I have received no service, I don't see the point in kicking in extra. If all the person does is ring up my order and hand me the bag, how is that worthy of a tip? If I'm sitting at a table and the waiter/waitress checks by the table several times to see if I need anything, keeps my tea glass filled, etc., different story.

gratuity [grəˈtjuːɪtɪ]

n pl -ties
1. (Business / Commerce) a gift or reward, usually of money, for services rendered; tip
2. something given without claim or obligation
3. (Military) Military a financial award granted for long or meritorious service

tip 4  (tibreve.gifp)

n.
1. A small sum of money given to someone for performing a service; a gratuity.
a. A piece of confidential, advance, or inside information: got a tip on the next race.
b. A helpful hint: a column of tips on gardening.

Society now thinks a gratuity is a tip.  They expect something given to them, instead of rewarded to them.

Carrying cash these days, especially small bills is such a rare occurrence that when I do I'll leave a little something if I think about it. 

I love Starbucks' corporate dudes. Their credit card receipts don't even give you the option of tipping

The worst is this Chinese joint around the corner. They just put food in little cartons like any other food joint, but have the tip line on the receipt. I think they also still have a tip jar next to the register as well. What's worse is it's always cute immigrant looking chicks that look they just got off the set of those 19 cents a day infomercial.

It's like an instant guilt trip to even think about not tipping.