• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another tipping thread

Girls at the golf course just reach in cart and hand me a beer, I always tip them.  Depends on where you are at and how you get to know people sometimes. I don't tip at McDonalds but in general always leave a tip.  Most the time I have enough cash to leave the tip in cash if using a card.  I always think that helps them but not sure if that makes any difference.

Where I get confused tipping is when it has the gratuity already added onto the bill. 

Last night I went to pick up a pizza and salad. There was a line and the way it worked was when you got to the front you pay your bill then they go back and get the pizza you ordered. Toll quite a bit I time.

I frequent the place an usually drop a couple bucks as a tip.

One of the staff members saw me, recognized me and went to the back and had my pizza, salad and extra sauce ready when I got to the front.

Is it because I leave a tip? Maybe

Last night I went to pick up a pizza and salad. There was a line and the way it worked was when you got to the front you pay your bill then they go back and get the pizza you ordered. Toll quite a bit I time.

I frequent the place an usually drop a couple bucks as a tip.

One of the staff members saw me, recognized me and went to the back and had my pizza, salad and extra sauce ready when I got to the front.

Is it because I leave a tip? Maybe

Yep, even if dumb or a waste I always tip strong or unexpectedly at places I frequent.

I've found that my tendency to throw around small bills is one of the primary reasons anyone is every happy to see me. Call me paranoid but I prefer that those who regularly handle my food while it's out of my sight range be happy to see me so I always tip my regular spots pretty well.

Next thing you know.  They will say you have to tip fast food.

Hell, why not? It's actually ironic, with the amount of work some people at fast food restaurants do for minimum wage, they are probably more deserving of a tip than servers who basically serve drinks, take an order, then check on the status of plates a food runner brought to the table, and earn hundreds while not breaking a sweat at their restaurant the entire shift.

To-Go people at restaurants are actually much like servers. They take and put in orders, customize them, and sometimes do just as much as some servers considering the prep work involved. Sometimes they prepare your soup or put together your salad (don't forget the dressing!), they do bread baskets (don't forget the butter!), they bag everything, put in silverware, napkins, and all the extras (friggin ranch, ALWAYS RANCH), and they ask when the guest comes if there's anything else they need, and at times have several orders at once.

I pretty much always tip when I get quality service, and for the most part, it comes back to me ten-fold. I tip at Togo's, I tip at Starbucks, I give a server who was great no less than 20%. I'm not a cheap ass, and I always carry cash. I've worked in the service industry for years, so to me, tipping is something I get joy out of because I know what its like serving the general public (it f***ing sucks), and I know what the feeling is like when I busted my ass and someone noticed and gave me a great tip.

For example: every week for about a year I'd work mornings and grab breakfest for my crew at Jack in the Box, and for the most part the same guy was there every time. He never messed up my order, never had an attitude, and our breakfast was always nice and hot. One day I pulled out a 20 when he handed me my food and said "here bud, you're the best fast food employee I've ever come across, this is for you."

The look on his face was priceless. Totally worth it.

And you know what? The people that work there remember me because for the most part I'm going to be coming back. They hook me up fat on my pastrami sandwich, sometimes give me my coffee or a sandwich for free, and they're actually very noticeable and nice when I walk in the door. And if it costs me an extra buck here or there to show people I appreciate them and get great service with a smile every time, hell, I'll do it all day long.