• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT: 8/4/13 Angels vs Blue Jays - White flag edition

nate

Scioscia will always have a thing about lefty vs lefty. In Hamilton's case, yes it makes since. Not when a guy tore up lefty pitching in AAA though.

Move Calhoun to lead off and flip flop Kendrick to hit 5th and Trumbo cleanup. Field has no business hitting anything other than 9th, and no business hitting ahead of Calhoun.

Scioscia will always have a thing about lefty vs lefty. In Hamilton's case, yes it makes since. Not when a guy tore up lefty pitching in AAA though.

Move Calhoun to lead off and flip flop Kendrick to hit 5th and Trumbo cleanup. Field has no business hitting anything other than 9th, and no business hitting ahead of Calhoun.

I don't have any stats for how he hit lefties in the minors but in the majors do far he is hitting .143. But more to the point, who cares? The Angels gave up on the season at the trade deadline, from here on out it is simply getting the kids some play time.

He had a 1.227 OPS against lefties in Triple-A.

Calhoun has 7 major league PAs against lefties. I couldn't possibly care less about how he's done against them, when we're talking about 7 PAs.

I do agree with your second point though, as long as Calhoun is playing, I really don't care where he bats at this point.

We are what? 13 games out. Why do any of you care what the batting order is? I can see griping about who is in the lineup as players like trout and Calhoun are the br8ght spots to keep watching the games. It is amazing to me how so many of you will complain about everything.

Scioscia has been doing this his entire tenure as Angels manager and it ticks me off! He already has the series wrapped up so he puts the B-team in the lineup since the game is "not as important." This comes from MS's philosophy of just win each series.

Guess what Sosh, when you lose a bunch of series early in the season, you have to win every game in order to get back in the race.

I know we are out of it, but it doesn't mean Sosh's lineups should reflect that.

And what the heck happened to Sosh giving Trout "a long look at the 3 spot in the lineup?"

He already has the series wrapped up so he puts the B-team in the lineup since the game is "not as important." 

I dont see how this is the B Team.  Cowgill has a .900+ OPS while with the Angels.  Harris is going to play third.  Really, only Kendrick for Field is the defensive replacement.  Outfield is probably the best defensive outfield, until Peter comes back.