• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Minor League player strikes out on one pitch

nate

That umpire is absolute garbage, it was a terrible call to begin with.  Then he goes off and starts calling strikes just to be petty.  When someone calls him on his childish behavior, he tosses them.  It's like the cop who got picked on in high school.  Takes this job just to feel a sense of empowerment and control.  Is hardly there to uphold what is right or fair. 

It may have been technically within the rules of the game, but the umpire was just using an obscure rule to enforce his will on the player. I have never seen this called before in more than 50 years of watching baseball. A budding Joe West in training.

LMAO

I have no issue with this. Minor league game...shut up and get in the damn box...wish they would do that with the pro game. There is no need to spend 10-15 seconds outside of the box per pitch. And what the hell is this minor league kid doing standing in the box arguing the call.

Who cares if it's a minor league game? And the minors are considered "pro game."  And nevermind he was just questioning a shit call.  Only major league stars are allowed to talk to an umprie?  Thank goodness you're not an umpire

Who cares if it's a minor league game? And the minors are considered "pro game."  And nevermind he was just questioning a shit call.  Only major league stars are allowed to talk to an umprie?  Thank goodness you're not an umpire

Wish they would do that with the pro game as well (<hint>...that's why I wrote it in my post...</hint>). You don't argue balls and strikes, especially while standing in the middle of the batter's box...only to step out and ignore the umpire.

I agree, I'd make a terrible ump....drinking during the game would probably negatively impact how I called the game.

umpires are the core of the game. without them, baseball would become the center of hedonistic desire and the moral fabric of society would decay.

That's not what y'all were saying after that one game earlier this year where the umps gave Mariano Rivera a strikezone the size of Texas.

Nomar Garciapara would set an all time record for strikeouts in a season if the umpires had used the delay of game strike call on him. Trumbo is another guy that spends too much time going through some mantra after a pitch. Just stand in there and be ready to play. This guy deserved it all the more arguing a call then ignoring the umpire's instruction.

Both sides of the coin are the problem. Batters take far too long between pitches nowadays; and umpires look for fights constantly because they take themselves far too seriously.

All of that, and catchers making too many trips to the mound, has taken a great game that would used to normally last 2.25 to 2.50 hours and now make it 3.00 hours at least.