• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Saltzer's Shots: Ban A-Rod for Life

There's some confidentiality in the drug policy but I don't think that applies to PED violations. Quite clearly they can disclose that a person failed a PED test and that they are being suspended for the violation. If that weren't the case the MLBPA would be raising hell. 

Why does that matter? There needs to be some kind of rule that justifies how much abuse gets you how many games suspended. You can't just be pulling numbers out of a hat saying X amount of incidents gets you banned for life and X amount of incidents only gets you 50 games. I'd like to see where exactly these lines are being drawn.

MLB have been pulling numbers out of a hat for suspension for ages. Bumping an ump, throwing a punch, beaning a player, etc all do not a definitive set of games. If a player doesn't like the suspension, they can appeal. MLB has disclosed that this isn't the usual PED case spelled out in the CBA. There were actions by some of these players that call for additional violations. These violations do not have a predetermined number of games.

"We don't know what evidence MLB has yet, so it's a bit premature to throw the arbitrator under the bus." 

Don't you think it's premature to throw A-Rod under the bus too?

Can't stand that guy but it  appears to me that Selig is intent on helping the Swankees void A-Rod's contract.

What's going to be sad is when A-Rod passes Stan Musial in RBI. He only needs one to tie him. Musial was the epitome of integrity both on and off the field. 

Girardi has already said A-Rod will be in the lineup if he appeals his suspension. I'd like to see what Selig will do about that. My feeling is he doesn't want A-Rod to have another major-league at-bat.

I'd be willing to bet the lifetime ban threat wasn't because of his PED use, but because of his supposed attempts to persuade Biogenesis staff to destroy evidence.  

Anything other than that, and I don't think he'd be negotiating at all.  

I'm curious to know how MLB found Tony Bosch and his sloppy recordkeeping reliable at the start of the investigation?

Here's a guy with no job, presumably no income, under investigation by the Feds, and most certainly no longer employable by the time the story broke.  And it took MLB weeks as I recall, to locate Bosch before offering him large sums of cash for records and testimony.  I'd be really leery about Bosch fabricating new record books in that time gap to get more money from MLB. 

What would he have to lose at that point?

I'm curious to know how MLB found Tony Bosch and his sloppy recordkeeping reliable at the start of the investigation?

Here's a guy with no job, presumably no income, under investigation by the Feds, and most certainly no longer employable by the time the story broke.  And it took MLB weeks as I recall, to locate Bosch before offering him large sums of cash for records and testimony.  I'd be really leery about Bosch fabricating new record books in that time gap to get more money from MLB. 

What would he have to lose at that point?

MLB haven't given Bosch a dime. So there goes that theory.

I'm pretty sure MLB knows exactly what drugs these players were taking and have evidence the players also knew. All it takes is an email/invoice with the name of the drug connected to a certain player. Doesn't matter the qualifications of the person supplying the drugs.

Yes, but me or you could fabricate a fictitious invoice in about 10 minutes on a computer.