• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deadline over.. Bring on the suspensions..

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.   Arod drama, as usual.  Cruz talking about fighting his suspension, likely under pressure from his team to fight it while they are in contention.   Looks like Bartolo is in the clear..

It's going make for some good conversation if it comes down as expected in the next few days.

I thought Cruz was going to take his suspension?  Mainly because there are more than 50 games left in the season, so he'd be available for the postseason.  And he's a FA after this season, so if he fights it, then he starts off with the new team (If he's even signed) with a huge amount of days suspended.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.   Arod drama, as usual.  Cruz talking about fighting his suspension, likely under pressure from his team to fight it while they are in contention.   Looks like Bartolo is in the clear..

It's going make for some good conversation if it comes down as expected in the next few days.

I see what you did there

I thought Cruz was going to take his suspension?  Mainly because there are more than 50 games left in the season, so he'd be available for the postseason.  And he's a FA after this season, so if he fights it, then he starts off with the new team (If he's even signed) with a huge amount of days suspended.

He probably thinks the Rangers won't make the playoffs, if he takes the suspension now or maybe he has a huge ego like A Rod and thinks he can somehow get out of the suspension.

If he fights it, it's going to hurt his free agent cause so I doubt he will do it.

I did too..  Was watching MLBNetwork and they were saying how the talk is he's going to fight it and then some talking head was on yapping about how his teammates would be pissed if he didn't fight it while they were in contention..

I do wonder if the Rangers and Cruz haven't make some sort of gentlemen's agreement to at least offer compesnation or whatever- guaranteeing him 13 mil, if h fights it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

6:15pm: MLB is prepared to ban Alex Rodriguez for the remainder of his playing career, reports Bob Nightengale of USA Today. An announcement will likely come tomorrow or Friday, according to Nightengale's sources. Rodriguez's attorney, David Cornwell, says that the Yankee third baseman will appeal any suspension he receives. According to the report, MLB will base its action not only on Rodriguez's use of PEDs, but on the fact that he purportedly "lied to MLB officials while attempting to sabotage their investigation."

Considering he's been caught for PEDs, he's pretty much proven to be an idiot.

yeah, except he hasn't been caught. there was a nickname next to a monetary value and i'm pretty sure they haven't authenticated anything beyond that. players who may be innocent are being pressured to accept suspensions because of their impending free agency. there's no due process involved in this crap and the "investigation" is being led by scumbag selig. 

It actually speaks volumes when Braun not only takes a plea deal, but the Union wouldn't lift a finger to defend him.  MLB has presented their evidence to the Union.  If the union decides not to defend any of the players listed, you know the evidence is substantial.  And by defending it, that does not mean a Afraud hired lawyer fighting the suspension.  

bosch was paid for his testimony and if i'm not mistaken he was granted immunity for some prior charges. there are too many dubious circumstances surrounding the case to make a solid case.

You are only granted immunity if you cooperate and tell the truth. If he's caught lying, any deal he has made is void. Apparently Braun and MLBPA think he's telling the truth.