• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blue Jays Interested In Howie Kendrick

Chuck

In recent days, the Blue Jays have expressed geniune interest in Angels second baseman Howie Kendrick, according to Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.  While the Blue Jays aren't buyers in the traditional sense, they are looking at ways of addressing needs for 2013 and beyond.

Kendrick, 30, will earn the prorated portion of $8.75MM in 2013, $9.35MM in 2014, and $9.5MM in 2015 before hitting free agency.  This season, Kendrick is hitting .301/.344/.446 with eleven homers and is looking stronger than he did in 2012.

The Angels have also discussed Kendrick with the Royals as Kansas City combs the market for a second baseman. According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, the Halos would require a front-line, Major League or MLB-ready starting pitcher for Kendrick or Erick Aybar. This morning, DiGiovanna noted that the club is fielding numerous inquiries on Kendrick, who has a no-trade list of a dozen teams.

Ya, Toronto doesn't seem like the best match.

Sanchez seems to be off limits(and isn't as close to the majors as the Angels seem to be looking for, not that I think they would turn him down because of that). Sean Nolin is probably the closest to major league ready pitching prospect they have, and I'm not sure he has the upside you would look for here.

I would do this.  Stroman has been very good as a starter in AA this year.

"Don’t be fooled by Stroman’s diminutive frame. He has quick-twitch athleticism and the ball explodes out of his hand. His fastball sits at 92-94 mph when he starts and can reach 98 when he relieves. He has two variations of a breaking ball—a mid-80s slider with big break and a harder, shorter cutter at 88-90 mph. He also mixes in a good changeup. He maintains his velocity well into starts but will need better command to remain a starter."

That's my only concern. Stuff is legit though. I mean, I guess worst case scenario is that if he doesn't stick as a starter, he'd be an electric closer. Halos need both....they need a lot of arms everywhere

Ya, I definitely think he'll be a very good reliever if he's in the bullpen, but I'm not confident enough that he sticks in the rotation to be comfortable with him as the center piece of a Howie deal.