• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hopeful of landing Ian Kennedy

nate

Most of his numbers for the season aren't much better than Blanton's numbers. I wouldn't even think about trading for him. The Angles cant arford another project like Blanton and Hanson.

yeah but Blanton was never good.  He wasn't a project this year, he was a hope a risk that he would be decent and eat innings and it backfired. 

The Hanson comparison is pretty spot on from what I can tell.

Again, I'm not saying I'm excited about getting Kennedy, but if it's just a mid-level prospect we have to give up for him, and there are other moves coming for more SP, I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Kennedy would be a better option than Blanton and Hanson. 

Trumbo has hit around .220 for the past year but people think he is untradeable (unless you get an Ace). However, Kennedy sucks because he hasn't been impressive in the same span. Makes sense

Ours>Theirs

Always have been, always will be.

Kennedy would be a better option than Blanton and Hanson. 

Trumbo has hit around .220 for the past year but people think he is untradeable (unless you get an Ace). However, Kennedy sucks because he hasn't been impressive in the same span. Makes sense

.268 last year and .250 this year. how does that equate to .220 again? i assume you're picking some convenient cutoff to make your point, rather than the actual seasons.

That sounds so Dipoto!

Just resign Dipoto, and go back to running someone's farm system.

That is your one talent!

Dipoto = Bill Bavasi!

This guy could bring in Joe Magrane, Von Hayes, and Hubie Brooks and there would still be people saying it was really Scioscia and Arte making the deals.    Can't believe some of the players people are willing to trade to acquire Kennedy.   

Name recognition must trump everything else.

I think Kennedy can be excellent.  Good strikeout rate.. not much difference the last three years.  Good walk rate the two years before this one.  Home runs aren't terrible.   Arizona has generally favored hitters, too.   The guy is 28 and only has about 800 innings on him. 

Ian Kennedy K/9 in 2013...  7.6.  Joe Blanton, 7.4.  

Ian Kennedy, career HR/9 rate, 1.1.   Joe Blanton, 1.1

Ian Kennedy, Young Blanton.

Thank you Red Sox.

Red Sox, White Sox Agree To Jake Peavy Trade

By Steve Adams [July 30 at 9:37pm CST]

The Red Sox and White Sox have agreed to a trade that will send Jake Peavy to Boston, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports (Twitter link). Jose Iglesias is believed to be headed to Chicago in the trade, Heyman reports in a separate tweet.

That's some nifty cherry picking there. 

Career numbers are career numbers -- if you don't see the validity in pointing out the similarity in their HR/9 rates for their careers then I don't know what to tell you.  But, Kennedy's HR rate during what should be his peak seasons being the same as Blanton's through age 32 is damning.  I only pointed out the K rates this year because for all the sabermetric beliefs that K rate is a strong indicator of continued success, it often means diddly.  Blanton has posted a K/9 rate over 7.4 since 2009, his ERA over that span has been 5.51  Is a five year sample good enough for you?  Tell me when it's not cherry picking. 

You talking up his K rate and ignoring everything else could easily be called a nifty job of cherry picking.   Particularly since the pitcher you're talking up gets to face pitchers 3-4 at bats per game.

Career numbers are career numbers -- Pointing out the K rates this year because for all the sabermetric beliefs that K rate is a strong indicator of continued success, it often means diddly.  Blanton has posted a K/9 rate over 7.4 since 2009, his ERA over that span has been 5.51  Is a five year sample good enough for you?  

You talking up his K rate and ignoring everything else could easily be called a nifty job of cherry picking.   Particularly since the pitcher you're talking up gets to face pitchers 3-4 at bats per game.

To be fair, he's also the one poster on this board that actually defends Blanton, so I would take it with a grain of salt.