• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hopeful of landing Ian Kennedy

nate

5:53pm: Arizona's main motivation in moving Kennedy would be to free up some cash to accommodate Jake Peavy's contract, writes Danny Knobler of CBS Sports (which meshes with reports from earlier today). Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona was told by an Angels source that there's no match for Kennedy a few days ago, though he notes how quickly that line of thinking can change (Twitter link).

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-knobler/22944226/diamondbacks-could-trade-kennedy-to-free-up-money-for-peavy

I get the appeal for Dipoto. He's a guy he is familiar with from his time in Arizona. Kennedy's skillset matches up well with the Halos(flyball pitcher). He's probably thinking that they can buy low on a guy who has been hurt from playing in a small ballpark where the ball flies out and that in Anaheim his numbers will improve with the OF D + being in a pitcher friendly park that plays bigger. Sounds good in theory, just not sure it will play out that way

Sounds like more of the same kind of thinking that landed us in 4th place.

Kennedy has already given up 2 runs in the 1st on 3 hits. Looks like he's gearing up to become a natural replacement for Joe Blanton in Anaheim

who said they'd replace Blanton.  they just wouldn't sign Vargas.  3,4,5  Kennedy, Hanson, Blanton

wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Kennedy has had a good season under his belt, is a local guy and has been an innings eater.  Problem is we can say 2 of those 3 things about Joe Blanton who is here next year unless the Angels cut him and eat his salary.  Kennedy is arbitration eligible and likely wouldn't make much more than he is now but this should be like option Z.

No way should they include Grichuk!

Sorry, but I see too much of Haren here.

Didn't we get burned once already?

I would love to have the 2010, 2011 Haren and the first half 2012 Haren.  If Kennedy can give us that type of production for two years and we don't give up anything of value I would say great trade!

I get the appeal for Dipoto. He's a guy he is familiar with from his time in Arizona. Kennedy's skillset matches up well with the Halos(flyball pitcher). He's probably thinking that they can buy low on a guy who has been hurt from playing in a small ballpark where the ball flies out and that in Anaheim his numbers will improve with the OF D + being in a pitcher friendly park that plays bigger. Sounds good in theory, just not sure it will play out that way

How has that "fly ball; great defense" philosophy worked for us this year?

I wonder who it could be? If we don't have to give up much I am in favor of this. If we have to give up Trumbo to get him I am not a fan of that trade. I am watching the game and hope that any minute now Aybar is pulled because of a trade.

I wonder who it could be? If we don't have to give up much I am in favor of this. If we have to give up Trumbo to get him I am not a fan of that trade. I am watching the game and hope that any minute now Aybar is pulled because of a trade.

I hope it's not Calhoun and that's why he was pulled from the lineup tonight.

I can't see any other prospects that the White Sox would want from the Angels.

I really hope this trade does not go through.

not sure if this has been posted:

Per Jerry Crasnick:

Arizona has been shopping Ian Kennedy to free up cash for a serious run at Jake Peavy, so a three-way trade would make things simple for them. Kennedy, a struggling 28-year-old with a couple of good seasons under his belt, makes for a nice reclamation project for the pitching-needy Halos. The White Sox would presumably get a big prospect (or two) from the Diamondbacks and a mid-level prospect (or two) from Anaheim. Right now it’s only “buzz.” If the rumor grows, we’ll pass along the updates.

That's a pretty silly statement. Howie has had a pretty damn succesful career. He is a solid major league player.

agreed - just because he hasn't won a batting title doesn't mean he isn't a good player - Howie is a good major league player

Kennedy is intriguing.  Diamondbacks need an outfielder.  I can see something happening between the clubs.  Most likely involving Trumbo.  Angels should be able to get more than Kennedy considering his struggles this year and the fact he has a higher salary. 

Kennedy is intriguing.  Diamondbacks need an outfielder.  I can see something happening between the clubs.  Most likely involving Trumbo.  Angels should be able to get more than Kennedy considering his struggles this year and the fact he has a higher salary. 

read my post above. Doesn't sound like Trumbo is involved.  Would probably be someone like Calhoun.  Trumbo for Kennedy would be a horrible deal for the Angels.

I hope it's not Calhoun and that's why he was pulled from the lineup tonight.

I can't see any other prospects that the White Sox would want from the Angels.

I really hope this trade does not go through.

He wasn't pulled from the lineup.  He was omitted, via the Scioscia is braindead clause.

I highly doubt the Angels trade Calhoun for someone like Kennedy.... barring other major pieces to the deal.