• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hopeful of landing Ian Kennedy

nate

Raise your hand if you called this?  

Also, Kennedy would be a good buy low investment, as long as the term "buy low" is strictly adhered to.  The D-Backs are looking for a rotation upgrade and Kennedy, very similar to Haren is simply in the midst of a bad season which isn't reflective of his abilities.  If the deal ends up being something along the lines of Borenstein, Grichuk and Jairo Diaz then absolutely.

But if the D-Backs end up asking for any of Cron, Lindsey, Cowart, Yarbrough, Sappington, Calhoun or Rondon then no thanks. 

Danny Knobler verified

As @JonHeymanCBS wrote earlier, Diamondbacks are talking to Angels about Ian Kennedy. Main goal would be to free up money to get Peavy.

So maybe they would send us a prospect and Kennedy for nothing?

I wouldn't mind taking him for virtually nothing, and see what he can do in 2013 and then in ST 2014.

No top 50 prospects though!

To be fair, i highly doubt our # 30-50 prospects ever amount to anything, our farm system blows. That being said, id still only do this trade if all it involves is a guy like Shuck or Cowgill and salary relief

To be fair, i highly doubt our # 30-50 prospects ever amount to anything, our farm system blows. That being said, id still only do this trade if all it involves is a guy like Shuck or Cowgill and salary relief

Agreed. I don't think this guy is much more than a mid 4 ERA guy and would rather just avoid getting him, but if he's cheap then whatever. Dipoto sure loves going back to his roots