• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

US Open Unrest

Interesting read and I agree with a lot of it.  I live 2 miles from the beach and 2 miles from main street right now but far enough in the right direction that I avoid all of the beachgoers and the madness that comes with them.  I want a house in probably 7-8 years and would most likely move another 2-3 miles towards central park or out of HB all together.  Quite honestly I wouldn't want to live in the expensive houses close to the beach and downtown because despite the location and nice houses it's not worth the headache.  Despite being down at a bar probably 2-3 years ago during the contest and every year before that for 5-6 years I didn't go down to the contest itself.  The bars get slammed but quite honestly it's like most other summer weekends when the weather is nice and you don't see kids in there.  I've seen kids that write stuff on themselves but not the crap those girls wrote which quite honestly is sad.     

I'm not gonna lie, I laughed at the part where he talks about the guys with the giant lensed cameras.  I know exactly what he's talking about.  It's creepy as hell to see an overweight middle aged guy on a beach towel with one of those brimmed fishing hats, tan lines (which you initially think is a shirt) and a giant lens pointed directly at a group of high school girls.

As an old man in his 50s, when I see college-age kids in a crowd wearing backpacks, I assume two things: they're not locals, and they're up to no good. People who live in a community aren't usually the same ones who try to destroy it.

As for the girls and their body messages, that's a brutal thing to see. But it's also not all that surprising since so much of the young girl culture of fashion is pushing them towards displaying their bodies more and more. My kid is now 14 and we went shopping for shorts this week. What a nightmare trying to find something long enough to keep her covered. Why is that? She has classmates that wear shorts with their cheeks about to burst forth, bad enough that at school our principal had to send a note home to parents to try and get their help in keeping their girls more covered up. What designer sits around and says "yeah, girls just hitting their teens need to dress like sluts. Here we go!" It worries me a good deal. I'm glad we don't live near the beach were it's probably worse.

• 8 years later...