• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

US Open Unrest

I went to Huntington Beach High School (a long time ago).  It's always been like that.  If they want it to stop, they are going to have to change the mentality of the entire event.

Beer, sun and girls in bikinis get dudes pretty riled up.

This is not the reason for civil unrest. If that was the case, it would happen in every beach city for every holiday or event weekend across America. I lived in HB for 7+ years 2003-2010 and attended this event every year. Last nights events are not the norm.

This is not the reason for civil unrest. If that was the case, it would happen in every beach city for every holiday or event weekend across America. I lived in HB for 7+ years 2003-2010 and attended this event every year. Last nights events are not the norm.

It's not civil unrest, it's a bunch of drunk guys acting like children.  Every year at the open people get rowdy.  Also, there is no way of knowing if any of those were from HB or not.  There are losers in every community.

There's no way of knowing for sure but I'm going to guess the majority weren't from HB.  Historically a lot of the crap that's had HB make the news for the wrong reasons in the last ~15 years has involved people who weren't from the area.  I lived within a mile of downtown for all but 1 year going back to 1998 and we spent a lot of time out at the bars up until everyone settled down a little over a year ago.  Got to a point where we saw the same people when we went out and the locals weren't the one's getting hammered, causing problems and getting thrown out of bars.  The fact that the bouncers and bartenders know you helps as far as not getting kicked out but locals weren't the one's getting into fights. 

Regardless HB has kicked around the idea of trying to make downtown a more "family friendly" place but some of it almost seems like posturing.  The bars bring in a lot of money and when you pack people into them on hot summer days especially when some of those people are just legal to drink it's asking for trouble.  I think someone posted an article here not that long ago saying it may be the last US open and I'm fine with that but I know it brings in a lot of money.  These days I avoid downtown during the summer and look forward to when summer ends because everyone goes back to school, it's less crowded, the usual suspects are out and about and football starts so it's a better time to hit up the bars. 

In cases like this when people act like idiots I'm glad it's on youtube.  They're asking for witnesses to turn over any video/picture evidence they have so they can hopefully identify some of the culprits who didn't get arrested.  Let the knuckledraggers get exposed for being the morons that they are. 

In cases like this when people act like idiots I'm glad it's on youtube.  They're asking for witnesses to turn over any video/picture evidence they have so they can hopefully identify some of the culprits who didn't get arrested.  Let the knuckledraggers get exposed for being the morons that they are. 

I agree.  I vaguely remember the riot at the 1986 Open.  That almost killed the event.