• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman verdict

Trayvon has a gun but it wasn't on him. I also don't think your son would hide and then attack the follower. I hope not.

Wow, you seem to know an awful lot....My son doesn't have a gun, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have hid from someone following him for NO ****ING REASON in his own neighborhood.

Trayvon has a gun but it wasn't on him. I also don't think your son would hide and then attack the follower. I hope not.

Hmmm...What if you were walking down a street on your way to a friend's house...Say the neighborhood watch guy didn't know that you were the son of a cop and decided that you might be a danger....He called the PD and they told him to stay where he was and they were on the way.  Say this guy followed you and you were scared that he was going to attack you...hmmm...I guess he would be justified in shooting you...Whoops sorry...

Your son (hopefully) doesn't do drugs, have a gun, etc. Trayvon wasn't an angel like the media makes him out to be.

Should he be dead? Absolutely not. Should Zimmerman have gotten manslaughter? Probably.

Idiots protesting and disrupting the peace do no good. A peaceful protest with no confrontations makes a point.

/end

That's pretty impressive that Super George knew all that when he drove by him on the street. Good thing we have armed failed cop wanna be's patrolling the neighborhoods with a license to hunt.

That's pretty impressive that Super George knew all that when he drove by him on the street. Good thing we have armed failed cop wanna be's patrolling the neighborhoods with a license to hunt.

Dude, don't you know that ALL young people walking down the street after a decent hour MUST be a threat to all that is ummm...legal or holy or up and up?  

Hmmm...What if you were walking down a street on your way to a friend's house...Say the neighborhood watch guy didn't know that you were the son of a cop and decided that you might be a danger....He called the PD and they told him to stay where he was and they were on the way. Say this guy followed you and you were scared that he was going to attack you...hmmm...I guess he would be justified in shooting you...Whoops sorry...

I would not attack him. I likely would have called the police or continued on my way.

I don't understand the leap from being scared to attacking someone.

I would not attack him. I likely would have called the police or continued on my way.

I don't understand the leap from being scared to attacking someone.

You have been raised a white kid in the OC and the son of a cop..Pardon me if I don't find your opinion on this subject particularly compelling

Wow, you seem to know an awful lot....My son doesn't have a gun, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have hid from someone following him for NO ****ING REASON in his own neighborhood.

I think you need to realize that making statements like this is foolish since you weren't there. The only person that knows what happened or why he was followed was GZ. Automatically assuming "NO ****ING REASON" and being paranoid over your son as a result is, in my opinion, foolish. 

This whole thing is so dumb.  Everyone clamors for justice and then when the man goes to trial and gets acquitted they riot.  If it were the other way around and a black man were on trial for killing a (not black) man in the same circumstances they would all be cheering.

You mean OJ?

You apparently didn't follow the trial or read up on it

I actually did read and follow up on the trial. You stated that he should have listened to police when he was told "We don't need you to do that" referring to him following Martin. Only problem with that, police did not tell him that, the dispatcher did. After being told that, his response was "Ok."  After finishing the phone conversation about where he would meet the police, Zimmerman claims he was heading back to his car after seeing which direction Martin had headed and to find an address when Martin appeared and the altercation began.

The prosecution claims he ignored the dispatchers instruction not to follow Martin and continued to do so. Then the altercation began.

So what really happened? No one but Zimmerman and Martin knows. 

And you stated Zimmerman was just looking for a confrontation. Well why did he call the police in the first place? Such a bad guy like Zimmerman would have just taken care of the situation himself, right?

The fact is a number of break ins and burglaries and occurred in the community and Zimmerman claims he thought it was strange that someone he didn't recognize (not someone he thought didn't belong in the neighborhood, sorry BBmom) was causally strolling in behind the town homes while it was raining and not using the sidewalk or street. He didn't seem like he was in a hurry to get out of the rain. He felt like he was acting  suspicious. Those are the basic facts.

I actually did read and follow up on the trial. You stated that he should have listened to police when he was told "We don't need you to do that" referring to him following Martin. Only problem with that, police did not tell him that, the dispatcher did. After being told that, his response was "Ok."  After finishing the phone conversation about where he would meet the police, Zimmerman claims he was heading back to his car after seeing which direction Martin had headed and to find an address when Martin appeared and the altercation began.

The prosecution claims he ignored the dispatchers instruction not to follow Martin and continued to do so. Then the altercation began.

So what really happened? No one but Zimmerman and Martin knows. 

And you stated Zimmerman was just looking for a confrontation. Well why did he call the police in the first place? Such a bad guy like Zimmerman would have just taken care of the situation himself, right?

The fact is a number of break ins and burglaries and occurred in the community and Zimmerman claims he thought it was strange that someone he didn't recognize (not someone he thought didn't belong in the neighborhood, sorry BBmom) was causally strolling in behind the town homes while it was raining and not using the sidewalk or street. He didn't seem like he was in a hurry to get out of the rain. He felt like he was acting  suspicious. Those are the basic facts.

Your statement to red that, "You stated that he should have listened to police when he was told "We don't need you to do that" referring to him following Martin" is incorrect.  "We don't need you to do that" is what the dispatcher said. 

What red said was, "If Zimmerman had listened to the police, who told him to stay away, none of this would have happened."  

The misrepresentation/misquoting of this part of the conversation has truly been breathtaking.  I've seen more news reports positioning it the way red did and it's just stunning.  

There are more than enough reasons to be upset with what GZ did and the feeling that he did not get what was coming to him without making up or changing the facts of the case.

Your statement to red that, "You stated that he should have listened to police when he was told "We don't need you to do that" referring to him following Martin" is incorrect.  "We don't need you to do that" is what the dispatcher said. 

What red said was, "If Zimmerman had listened to the police, who told him to stay away, none of this would have happened."  

The misrepresentation/misquoting of this part of the conversation has truly been breathtaking.  I've seen more news reports positioning it the way red did and it's just stunning.  

There are more than enough reasons to be upset with what GZ did and the feeling that he did not get what was coming to him without making up or changing the facts of the case.

Ah got it. Did not mean to misinterpret what he was saying. My apologies to red. Having said that, there are still two conflicting stories then. Was GZ continuing to follow Martin or had he turned back to his car when Martin confronted him? One can argue that he eventually listened to the instructions of the dispatcher but did it too late therefore prompting Martin to confront him. Or he ignored the dispatcher and continued to follow him. 

And one other thing Geoff, we know we can't entirely trust the media reports of what happened. Just look at how NBC edited the 911 phone call when it came to describing what race Martin was.

That's why this thing is so dumb. No one really knows what happened.

Ah got it. Did not mean to misinterpret what he was saying. My apologies to red. Having said that, there are still two conflicting stories then. Was GZ continuing to follow Martin or had he turned back to his car when Martin confronted him? One can argue that he eventually listened to the instructions of the dispatcher but did it too late therefore prompting Martin to confront him. Or he ignored the dispatcher and continued to follow him. 

Ha ... don't need to apologize!  You got the quote correct.  Red didn't.  

Again, I think there are plenty of reasons for people to be upset without massaging the facts.  There are so many things that we don't know about what happened that night.  But there are actually some things that we do know.  The transcripts of what was actually said is something we have.  No need to alter them.