• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon has high grade partial hamstring tear, no timetable but expects lengthy recovery

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Obviously this is a really shitty break for him and the Angels.  But Jesus Christ.  Could this deal have gone worse for the Angels.  Incredible luck.  

I just read the thread on the day we signed him. I would recommend avoiding it. 

From what I saw on the internet about this injury, plus my stay at a Holiday Inn Express, it seems like he would be out for 2-3 months?

The irony of all the injuries since 2021 is that excluding 2015, he averaged including post-season 153 games played in the other 5 seasons from 2014-2019.

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

From what I saw on the internet about this injury, plus my stay at a Holiday Inn Express, it seems like he would be out for 2-3 months?

Probably and when he gets back he can still sit in the dugout and watch the games because it is really time to move on from him barely lasting 3 weeks at a time. 

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Healing from a tear of any kind can be hard to predict. It definitely could be some time before he’s in game shape again.

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The irony of all the injuries since 2021 is that excluding 2015, he averaged including post-season 153 games played in the other 5 seasons from 2014-2019.

Yeah, I imagine getting him back within two months would be a borderline miracle, given how he typically heals (that's not a shot at him--just the reality of his last few injuries).  Three months might even be pushing it.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Anyone else think it’s weird when guys go off for a couple years into a contract year then they get paid and can’t produce or stay healthy? Rendon. Jayson Werth. Josh Hamilton. Many more. Anyone know what would cause that? 

57 minutes ago, BTH said:

I honestly think he’s a serious injury or two away from retiring.

Despite what people say, he’s clearly fed up with the injuries and out of answers.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yep. 

That said, he only has two years left on his contract after this year.  So "another serious injury or two" would more or less take him through the remainder of the contract.  He'll probably miss 90+ games this season, assuming he comes back at all.