• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/1/24 3:40pm Bally Sports SoCal): Angels @ Marlins: Silseth on the mound, Moniak, Thaiss starting

22 minutes ago, James said:

Rendon is here long term, like it or not. The other two you mentioned with him, probably not. Hicks and Sano can produce and get flipped at the deadline. Rendon produces, probably still not able to flip at the deadline due to contractual status. This is why they are not the same situation at all.  

Fair enough, although I am not sure I'd consider two more seasons long-term, especially with the possibility of him getting DFA'd before then existing and, more importantly, a 0% chance they sign him after his current contract expires. In any event, I have a much larger issue with Hicks and Sano getting starts/at bats over Adell & Moniak.

5 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Fair enough, although I am not sure I'd consider two more seasons long-term, especially with the possibility of him getting DFA'd before then existing and, more importantly, a 0% chance they sign him after his current contract expires. In any event, I have a much larger issue with Hicks and Sano getting starts/at bats over Adell & Moniak.

I agree. I would rather see Adell and Moniak get AB's over Sano and Hicks. However, Sano and Hicks will get more walks and strike out less than Adell and Moniak. Right now, Wash is favoring OBP and putting the ball in play.

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

They do this every year too. Rengifo could hit 30 HR's in the second half and he'd still lose meaningful playing time to someone like Paul DeJong next year

Gee, I wonder why he always loses playing time in the first half.

IMG_3090.jpeg

39 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Very good possibility.

Should be an entertaining game.  For those that remember, the Angels nearly acquired Max Meyer from the Marlins in exchange for Brandon Marsh. A last minute change of heart from the Angels nixed the deal. Marsh would later on be shipped to Philly for Logan O'Hoppe while Meyer underwent Tommy John surgery. Meyer is back healthy and his arsenal is absolutely elite, but we'll see where his command is at, most guys coming off surgery struggle with that initially. Silseth on the other hand looks like he might actually be the Angels best starter at this point.

The Angels and Marlins are in similar spots organizationally.  Two strong divisions, both teams will be heavily reliant on youngsters to stay afloat.  Both teams seem to be directionless at the moment and while the Marlins endured years of mismanagement by owner Jeffrey Loria, the Angels are still enduring the years of highly questionable interference by Arte Moreno.

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread (4/1/24 3:40pm Bally Sports SoCal): Angels @ Marlins: Silseth on the mound, Moniak, Thaiss starting
4 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Well that was an unimpressive inning. Trout is striking out A LOT

Just part of his game at this stage in his career. Really struggles vs fastballs now. Think the days of him hitting for good BA are over but as long as he's healthy, should have 35+ HR along with a high OBP%. Hopefully he runs a bit more this season as well, since that's been a priority for the team as a whole throughout all of spring

Edited by bloodbrother

Just now, CaliAngel said:

That first pitch from Silseth was absolutely a strike. Screwed up that entire pitch sequence. 

O’Hoppe cost him that strike.  He is entirely too “jerky” behind the plate.