• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SI: "After more breakdowns by Trout and Rendon, Moreno told Balelo early in free agency he was out on Ohtani"

For those unfamiliar, Arte was interviewed by Tom Verducci last Spring. Then an Angels source leaked info about the Angels not trading Ohtani to Verducci in an SI article in July. Many people, including Jeff Fletcher, believe the "source" was Arte Moreno. Fair to think that the source here is again Arte Moreno.

2 hours ago, BTH said:

I think the most informative thing from that article is that the Rendon and Trout injuries have seemingly scared him away from spending.

Yep, I think I reported that here a few months back when I said that Arte wasn't going to go after any of the big free agents and especially the big three LHP's. 

He's been burned by FA's coming up impotent in production. 

1 hour ago, BTH said:

I think the most informative thing from that article is that the Rendon and Trout injuries have seemingly scared him away from spending.

That list can go on.....

2 hours ago, BTH said:

It’s funny that Trout and Rendon were the contracts that broke Arte. Gary Mathews, Cj Wilson, Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, just off the top of my head should have been the contracts that put more of a focus on the farm system and less short sighted expensive moves. 

The greatest Angel of all time and a panic signing of Rendon(also orchestrated by Arte) are what made him go full rebuild mode. 

They should have done this in 2017 or 2018 when it was sorely needed… 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TroutField said:

It’s funny that Trout and Rendon were the contracts that broke Arte. Gary Mathews, Cj Wilson, Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, just off the top of my head should have been the contracts that put more of a focus on the farm system and less short sighted expensive moves. 

The greatest Angel of all time and a panic signing of Rendon(also orchestrated by Arte) are what made him go full rebuild mode. 

They should have done this in 2017 or 2018 when it was sorely needed… 

I think he just goes through these cycles where he spends big then gets gun shy.

Signed Matthews Jr in 2007 & Hunter in 2008.

Nothing from 2009-2010.

Then Wells in 2011, Pujols/Wilson in 2012, Hamilton in 2013.

Nothing from 2014-2017.

Upton in 2018, Trout in 2019, Rendon in 2020.

Nothing from 2021-now.

Edited by BTH

4 minutes ago, BTH said:

I think he just goes through these cycles where he spends big then gets gun shy.

Signed Matthews Jr in 2007.

Nothing from 2008-2010.

Then Wells in 2011, Pujols/Wilson in 2012, Hamilton in 2013.

Nothing from 2014-2017.

Upton in 2018, Trout in 2019, Rendon in 2020.

Nothing from 2021-now.

SignedGMJr in 2007, in 2008 he signs Hunter. 

Great attitude Arte.  Wonderful.  That means as long as he is an owner he won’t take a risk on a top player because of Rendon?  Wow

Didn’t think I could hate him any more than I already did.  

such a tool.

1 hour ago, Mark68 said:

So, if Arte knew he wasn't going to re-sign Ohtani, then WTF did he not allow Perry to trade him?

Fucking Arte...

Maybe he thought the added players + Ohtani in his last year could at least help them reach the playoffs.  Then he probably knew that would be the end of that possibility for several years.

1 hour ago, Chico said:

I wonder when Arte will order the Angels to tank to get the overall #1 in the draft. Seems like just a matter of time.

Sorry to break your fantasy but the #1 pick is determined by a lottery.  Tanking could result in getting the #6 pick.

15 hours ago, Chuck said:

Yep, I think I reported that here a few months back when I said that Arte wasn't going to go after any of the big free agents and especially the big three LHP's. 

He's been burned by FA's coming up impotent in production. 

Glad he figured it out quickly instead of taking 20 years.