• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes thread

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just because he treats it like a job doesn’t mean he isn’t giving it 100%.  It doesn’t mean he fakes injuries. 
It’s also worth noting that only Blum has tweeted about Rendon’s comments. 

The last three questions were designed to get a certain type of response and push his narrative.  Anyone who thinks this isn't personal is either kidding themselves or enjoying the lynching.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The last three questions were designed to get a certain type of response and push his narrative.  Anyone who thinks this isn't personal is either kidding themselves or enjoying the lynching.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned if baseball was more important to him than his faith and his family. Not loving baseball is not causing him to be injured more or to to not recover as quickly. His body is breaking down... 

I don't follow Sam Blum so I have no idea why he has an axe to grind with Rendon, but he clearly does.

And this is 100% an example of "we don't want to hear clichés and we want honest answers" until we get the honest answer and it isn't what we wanted it to be. 

He positions it this way himself.  Nobody expects him to love the Angels and baseball more than his family.  It’s a weird response that generates more questions.  Especially in the context of his time with the Angels. This seems very obvious to me. 

anyway, I do think it’s time for Blum and other commentators to move on from it.  Rendon will perform or he won’t.  It sounds like he doesn’t give a shit either way.  Sorry.  Not my job to decipher his intentions. This is all in plain English and that’s what it sounds like.  

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Because they keep asking him?  And if he doesn't answer or says no comment then they start a crusade to make him answer and pretend he's a monster for not giving the fans the answers they deserve.  A lot of media types these days are about the clicks -- Rendon will get those clicks so long as they ask the questions they know will evoke a reaction.

I'm as tired of the question being asked as I am him always answering truthfully.  I get the feeling people would be happier if he lied.

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

^^^^. I mean, he has the same mentality I have with my job. It’s my job, and my family and interests are more to me than that. It's just a perpetuating loop because they keep asking him. It's not like all of his injuries have been fake or exaggerated either. 

Hope he just has a decent, healthy year at this point to help make this noise go away.

Disappointed GIF by Lil Helper

i think what most of us are ready to read is rendon saying "i can hardly wait to get on the field and help this team win. i want to crush the ball and be a leader. i've got a fire in my gut to win again. let's go!"

Rendon needs a course on talking to the media.

"My top priorities are of course my family and my faith, this is just a job. But this job is the best job in the world and I am lucky that God has blessed me to be able to do it at a high level so that I can provide for my family and use my platform to spread the word of God."

"Of Course, I am a bit tired of being injured, of course, and of course I want to win for my family and my Angels family.  I am absolutely psyched to be here working with Wash and the guys and hopefully, it's in God's plan for me to stay injury free this year and be the player I used to be."

It's a little preachy but its essentially saying the same things as he said, but with a more positive outlook.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i think what most of us are ready to read is rendon saying "i can hardly wait to get on the field and help this team win. i want to crush the ball and be a leader. i've got a fire in my gut to win again. let's go!"

I mean that would be the preferred response, but if he says that and then proceeds to be injured for 100 games - it’s meaningless and everyone who is pissed at him now will be pissed at him for being hurt. 

If he says, fuck it, baseball is just a job and I don’t love it but stays healthy and is productive for a change - most won’t care what he says. 

I don’t love my job, but I’m good at it. 

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

"My top priorities are of course my family and my faith, this is just a job. But this job is the best job in the world and I am lucky that God has blessed me to be able to do it at a high level so that I can provide for my family and use my platform to spread the word of God."

"Of Course, I am a bit tired of being injured, of course, and of course I want to win for my family and my Angels family.  I am absolutely psyched to be here working with Wash and the guys and hopefully, it's in God's plan for me to stay injury free this year and be the player I used to be."

It's a little preachy but its essentially saying the same things as he said, but with a more positive outlook.

That would have been a great response. 

I think he enjoys fucking w Blum. They really seem to not like each other. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

His faith does not want him to lie.

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm as tired of the question being asked as I am him always answering truthfully.  I get the feeling people would be happier if he lied.

I think that at least half of the league or more lies about how they feel about their "job" as a major league athlete. If you read most responses from veterans you get the same prepared speeches with a sprinkling of how they worked out over the winter to be ready to play.

Closer to the truth is they miss their families, the season is too long, they hate the necessary surgeries and painful physical therapy along with the travel and being glued to a room filled with not necessarily their favorite people. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

I did a laughing emoji because it's true.... 

But, then again, what would people say if he just said...

I didn't do shit this off season except gained 25 lbs and played wIth my kids while binge watching Netflix... Yeah, I know I'm older my body is falling apart and I can't bend to reach my toes but F* it! I'm still getting paid.

Or,

I'm in the BEST SHAPE EVER.... As he gets hit by a ball in his shin and is out for 130 games...

As the team says it's just a bone bruise while the player is saying,  "Hey, something isn't right" and it ends up being a fracture?..

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The Rendon simps are funny.

"Simp is an internet slang term describing someone who shows excessive sympathy and attention toward another person, typically someone who does not reciprocate the same feelings, in pursuit of affection or a sexual relationship."

i had to look it up. not sure it really applies here if this is the definition you're using.