• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes thread

Just now, Tank said:

"Simp is an internet slang term describing someone who shows excessive sympathy and attention toward another person, typically someone who does not reciprocate the same feelings, in pursuit of affection or a sexual relationship."

i had to look it up. not sure it really applies here if this is the definition you're using.

Debatable, sir.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

"Simp is an internet slang term describing someone who shows excessive sympathy and attention toward another person, typically someone who does not reciprocate the same feelings, in pursuit of affection or a sexual relationship."

i had to look it up. not sure it really applies here if this is the definition you're using.

Maybe, he's a jilted ex?

Shrugs GIF

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

I'm proud of you for doing good research.

"Simp" traditionally refers to an unhealthy, codependent relationship dynamic. But another context of "simp' is a grown adult who feels the need to jump in and defend somebody he or she doesn't know in real life.

59 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If you can't view that exchange as anything other than Blum trying to poke at the guy, then maybe you're just a "Blum simp" and need to sit this one out. 

I think it's funny. I kind of hope Blum keeps doing it.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Closer to the truth is they miss their families, the season is too long, they hate the necessary surgeries and painful physical therapy along with the travel and being glued to a room filled with not necessarily their favorite people. 

But they love the money.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Blum was absolutely baiting Rendon. It's literally right there.

How you feel about that may differ but there's no question he was trying to elicit specific responses.

Reading what he tweeted then watching that exchange, the dude was a gigantic bitch.  He's laughing along with Rendon, he admits he answered his question, and still he tries to paint him in a way that fuels his narrative.

That was chickenshit AF.

46 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Reading what he tweeted then watching that exchange, the dude was a gigantic bitch.  He's laughing along with Rendon, he admits he answered his question, and still he tries to paint him in a way that fuels his narrative.

That was chickenshit AF.

More than likely that is why Arte kept him away from his interview.

Blum can’t decide who he is. He writes good interest pieces, especially on people. But he has a real obsession with Arte and Rendon. Mentions it at every turn. Rhett and Fletcher take it for what it is, and let the actions speak for themselves. It’s like Blum is desperate to be aggregated with an Arte or Rendon quote. 

He was also obsessed with the minor league housing story, and even though the Angels were among several organizations who didn’t provide it. 

18 hours ago, Stradling said:

Just because he treats it like a job doesn’t mean he isn’t giving it 100%.  It doesn’t mean he fakes injuries. 
It’s also worth noting that only Blum has tweeted about Rendon’s comments. 

But the way he acts to the media is disturbing to me. I mean you're making a fortune doing a job every little leaguer dreams about, at least fake a good attitude during interviews...

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

But the way he acts to the media is disturbing to me. I mean you're making a fortune doing a job every little leaguer dreams about, at least fake a good attitude during interviews...

Yep if there’s anything fans want it’s fake attitudes 

Joe Saunders is at Angels camp today!! 

One of Saunders finest memories was when he honored his alum, Virginia Tech, four days after a rampage shooting at the University which left 33 dead and several others wounded.

vt.jpg

Joe Saunders, the only Hokies alumnus in the Major Leagues at that time, threw six scoreless innings while wearing a heavy heart and the cap of his alma mater.

Saunders was a student at Virginia Tech up until the Angels drafted him in the first round of the 2002 draft. His parents are alums and his father helped to architect the Hokies' football stadium. Saunders is engaged to a girl he met while attending college in Blacksburg. Receiving special permission from the Commissioner's office to wear the Hokies baseball cap, Saunders took the mound on an emotional Friday evening and battled his way through six shutout innings against the Seattle Mariners.

Saunders wrote "VT" on his cleats and scribbled "Virginia Tech" in the dirt on the mound.

"I think somebody upstairs was looking after me, and everybody in Blacksburg was looking after me," he said after the 8-4 victory over Seattle. "My heart was out to them."

"I was really nervous coming in — just the sheer fact of knowing what the game meant to me, to all the Hokie Nation out there in Virginia, to my family, and to this team because we needed to win," he added. "There was a lot riding on it."

15 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Joe Saunders is at Angels camp today!! 

One of Saunders finest memories was when he honored his alum, Virginia Tech, four days after a rampage shooting at the University which left 33 dead and several others wounded.

vt.jpg

Joe Saunders, the only Hokies alumnus in the Major Leagues at that time, threw six scoreless innings while wearing a heavy heart and the cap of his alma mater.

Saunders was a student at Virginia Tech up until the Angels drafted him in the first round of the 2002 draft. His parents are alums and his father helped to architect the Hokies' football stadium. Saunders is engaged to a girl he met while attending college in Blacksburg. Receiving special permission from the Commissioner's office to wear the Hokies baseball cap, Saunders took the mound on an emotional Friday evening and battled his way through six shutout innings against the Seattle Mariners.

Saunders wrote "VT" on his cleats and scribbled "Virginia Tech" in the dirt on the mound.

"I think somebody upstairs was looking after me, and everybody in Blacksburg was looking after me," he said after the 8-4 victory over Seattle. "My heart was out to them."

"I was really nervous coming in — just the sheer fact of knowing what the game meant to me, to all the Hokie Nation out there in Virginia, to my family, and to this team because we needed to win," he added. "There was a lot riding on it."

That game was one of my fondest Angel memories. It was inspiring.

I have a photo of Joe in that game, he personalized for me and my wife.  It's one of my favorite Angel treasures.