• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes thread

Just now, Chuck said:

Hey @EdmontonAngelsFan I thought about you when I ran across this the other day.

s-l1200 (1).jpg

Nice! Good find Chuck!

We had some good players come through here when the Trappers were alive and well. Dante Bichette, Gary DiSarcina, Ron Kittle to name a few that come to mind. 

I worked in the clubhouse a few times when we were the Twins farm system. Got to meet Adam Johnson(super nice guy), Grant Balfour and Michael Cuddyer. 

Good memories!

5 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

But the way he acts to the media is disturbing to me. I mean you're making a fortune doing a job every little leaguer dreams about, at least fake a good attitude during interviews...

This is the heart of the matter. The upset fans are at a base level mad that Rendon is being honest, won’t fake it, and really doesn’t care that they’re not gonna like how he shares his truth. 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

"attacking"

The criticisms are based on things he's publicly done and said. He's probably a chill dude in real life. 

If I were Rendon I would certainly feel attacked. You don't need to air quote it like it's some outlandish claim.

All we have are a few sentences he's said to reporters in response to questions about his priorities. Some of it doesn't look great, but it's a leap and certainly an attack to claim that he doesn't care to give an effort.

37 minutes ago, Taylor said:

"attacking"

The criticisms are based on things he's publicly done and said. He's probably a chill dude in real life. 

@Taylor, Serious question.  I'm sure you've seen the video of the actual exchange and the tweet itself. 

Do you believe the tweet is an honest depiction of the tone in that conversation?  How about the Trout interview, that video is available as well.  Pretty much everyone reported it the same way, Blum's report emphasizes that Trout adds the possibility that he'd be OPEN to a trade. That wasn't at all what he was saying but that's how Blum ends his tweet.

Not sure how anyone watches either interview and doesn't walk away thinking Blum isn't trying to paint a picture to suit a narrative.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

@Taylor, Serious question.  I'm sure you've seen the video of the actual exchange and the tweet itself. 

Do you believe the tweet is an honest depiction of the tone in that conversation?  How about the Trout interview, that video is available as well.  Pretty much everyone reported it the same way, Blum's report emphasizes that Trout adds the possibility that he'd be OPEN to a trade. That wasn't at all what he was saying but that's how Blum ends his tweet.

Not sure how anyone watches either interview and doesn't walk away thinking Blum isn't trying to paint a picture to suit a narrative.

Blum is a piece of shit. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Just telling the truth. 

I think that's going a little too far.  No reason to call him that.  If you don't like his writing and/or style, cool.  Others do. 

Now there will be 37 back-and-forth posts from you and others explaining how horrible he is, I'm sure.

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Blum is a piece of shit. 

He's trying to drive traffic to the Athletic, it's his job.  But the more you compare his tweets to the actual interviews the clearer it becomes he's willing to blur the lines to push his narratives.

I don't believe he's a poor writer, nor do I question the veracity of things he's written, but it's getting harder to argue the dude doesn't have an agenda or an axe to grind at times.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think that's going a little too far.  No reason to call him that.  If you don't like his writing and/or style, cool.  Others do. 

Now there will be 37 back-and-forth posts from you and others explaining how horrible he is, I'm sure.

So, I guess I'll ask you the same thing I asked Taylor.  Do you think his tweets are an authentic representation of the Rendon interview or what Trout was actually saying?  

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, I guess I'll ask you the same thing I asked Taylor.  Do you think his tweets are an authentic representation of the Rendon interview or what Trout was actually saying?  

I do, because I don't automatically assume that he has an agenda, which some folks on here seem to do.  I tend not to interpret things in extreme ways, so I took Blum's, Bollinger's, and Fletcher's tweets all as "authentic representations" of what was said by Rendon and Trout.  They chose to highlight different aspects of what was said.  I don't have a problem with that.  I fully realize I might not represent the majority here.

20 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I do, because I don't automatically assume that he has an agenda, which some folks on here seem to do.  I tend not to interpret things in extreme ways, so I took Blum's, Bollinger's, and Fletcher's tweets all as "authentic representations" of what was said by Rendon and Trout.  They chose to highlight different aspects of what was said.  I don't have a problem with that.  I fully realize I might not represent the majority here.

Oh I dunno. I'd say most people are willing to look the other way when it's someone or something they agree with -- I don't think you're proving to be above that in this case.  

Blum chose to "highlight" something that wasn't at all being implied, at no point was Trout saying "I'm open to a trade" he was clearly saying that isn't the case right now  and that intent is stay where he is and win there. The Rendon interview was played out to be antagonistic (on the part of Rendon) when in reality it was rather jovial and Blum admits Rendon DID in fact answer his questions. 

Blum knows what the general opinion of Rendon is, he knows what his fan-base wants to see and he stopped short of both describing the tone or the admission that he had answered his questions, the problem was he didn't get the answer HE WANTED -- t was a bitch move.  He's made it a point to say when things have been said jokingly or as banter many times in the past, but god forbid he make Rendon out to be anything other than a boorish lout.

We can agree to disagree here but those two tweets while not false weren't remotely authentic.  

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Oh I dunno. I'd say most people are willing to look the other way when it's someone or something they agree with -- I don't think you're proving to be above that in this case.  

Blum chose to "highlight" something that wasn't at all being implied, at no point was Trout saying "I'm open to a trade" he was clearly saying that isn't the case right now  and that intent is stay where he is and win there. The Rendon interview was played out to be antagonistic (on the part of Rendon) when in reality it was rather jovial and Blum admits Rendon DID in fact answer his questions. 

Blum knows what the general opinion of Rendon is, he knows what his fan-base wants to see and he stopped short of both describing the tone or the admission that he had answered his questions, the problem was he didn't get the answer HE WANTED -- t was a bitch move.  He's made it a point to say when things have been said jokingly or as banter many times in the past, but god forbid he make Rendon out to be anything other than a boorish lout.

We can agree to disagree here but those two tweets while not false weren't remotely authentic.  

I think that's a cheap shot, tbh.  But whatever.  I'm done with this.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I think that's a cheap shot, tbh.  But whatever.  I'm done with this.

Oh yeah?  What was this then?

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I do, because I don't automatically assume that he has an agenda, which some folks on here seem to do.  I tend not to interpret things in extreme ways,

Don't play the I'm better than that game when you basically just implied others are automatically making assumptions or being extreme.  

37 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Disagreeing with him, or simply not liking him as a reporter is fine.

Calling him a "piece of shit" is absolutely ridiculous, especially since there'd be ketchup on the wall if any of us said that about Rendon.

Despite my extremist ways, I think he's pretty good at digging up info.  But I guess my biases are getting the best of me because I genuinely feel he was poking at Rendon trying to get him to answer a certain way. 

He got what he wanted and I'm sure his bosses appreciate his helping drive traffic -- he'd be bad at his job if he didn't.

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/02/20/angels-jo-adell-faces-his-last-chance-to-make-the-team/

"MINASIAN ON RENDON, TROUT

Angels general manager Perry Minasian defended third baseman Anthony Rendon a day after Rendon drew criticism for saying that he doesn’t view baseball as his top priority, calling it his “job.”

Minasian said Rendon’s actions are more instructive with regard to his commitment to the sport.

“Anthony is very dedicated to his craft,” Minasian said. “If you see him work, if you watch his pregame routine, see him in the cage, see him in the weight room. He hasn’t had the best three years. He’s been hurt. He’s had some injuries that have not allowed them to perform up to his capabilities. With that being said, this guy doesn’t go on vacation in the Bahamas. He’s there for his teammates.”

Minasian referred specifically to the June 2022 game when the Angels and Seattle Mariners had a fight, and Rendon was in the middle of everything defending his teammates, and to a June 2023 game when Rendon remained in the game even though he’d been hit in the hand by a pitch and could not swing the bat.

“This is somebody that works his tail off, wants to play well, wants to win wants to bring people with him, which I think is really, really important,” Minasian said. “And it’s somebody that we need. We need them to have an impactful year on the field and in the clubhouse.”

Minasian was also asked about Mike Trout, who publicly campaigned for the Angels to continue adding players from among the remaining free agents. Minasian would not say if the Angels are likely to make further moves.

“I’m not going to get into it,” he said. “We’re still discussing ways to make the team better. We think that’s something we will always do. So we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”