• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon Interview

40 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I don't think there's anything he could have said that would have satisfied you.

No! Get on the field and produce!

Stop being a punk!

If there was ever a case of words being cheap, it's right here.

Can't stand this guys laissez faire appearance, approach, attitude and performance.

At this point his reputation precedes him. A lot of you want to root against Ohtani at this point, but you embrace Rendon?

At this point it's another Vernon Well's to blessed to be stressed and I don't sense any integrity coming from this guy.

I don't like the guy. Period.

So bring on the troll emojis!

Edited by REDneck

5 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

My guess is the issues seems to be a combination of bad health for an athlete with a huge guaranteed contract who lacks passion and overall mental professionalism. 

Are you saying that regardless whether or not he's 100% healthy it won't matter because he doesn't care enough and he's content to simply be paid?   That it's not a skills issue, it's a lack of "passion" and "mental professionalism" whatever the heck that is.

I guess I don't know him as well as you do.  So, I'll just stick to the baseball things that I can see or that can be measured.  I believe that so long as he legs aren't completely cooked he can be a quality player.

5 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

If he were a FA right now and declared to have made a "few tweaks" I doubt he'd have many teams believing in him.

Yes, I'm sure that would be the issue not the real concerns about his health.

5 hours ago, T.G. said:

Well, people don't always say or do the things we want them to.  He told the truth in that video.  If that's not good enough for you, that's on you. The proof will be in his performance.  I'd rather watch a winner than listen to one.  Time will tell.

If it makes you feel any better, he struck out at a lower clip than his career average, his hard hit% and walk rate were above his career averages as was his his exit velocity off of FBs.   

So, he's still able to read and turn on FB, still isn't being fooled by pitchers, and still making contact.

Hopefully he isn't STILL injured.

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

30 is not too old. Freeman is 34 and looks great.

If this issue is strictly Rendon's health, then he needs something far more than a few tweaks. He needs more than a new off-season program since he's 30. He's playing 50 games a year. The issue isn't he's running out of gas in September. 

I think the issue(s) are far more complex than a few tweaks.  

Has he even played any games here after August? Seriously, I don't remember...? In any season here?

7 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I have Low-expectations for Rendon going into the season. But I would not mind seeing trying him out at leadoff to hopefully get the most with his lack/concern of power and having him hit in front of Trout could help. He still gets on base and does not strike out a lot. 

If his lower half is deteriorating you don't want him hitting leadoff.. He would be better off 7-9.

The interesting part is that if I recall right, his first injury was some type of sprain/strain. Then he got drilled by a fastball in the wrist.  Third injury was fouling a ball off his tibia causing him to miss rest of the season. Not sure how much of his off season training program will help on those last two injuries.

Just now, cgoldangel said:

The interesting part is that if I recall right, his first injury was some type of sprain/strain. Then he got drilled by a fastball in the wrist.  Third injury was fouling a ball off his tibia causing him to miss rest of the season. Not sure how much of his off season training program will help on those last two injuries.

Bubble Boy Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Are you saying that regardless whether or not he's 100% healthy it won't matter because he doesn't care enough and he's content to simply be paid?   That it's not a skills issue, it's a lack of "passion" and "mental professionalism" whatever the heck that is.

I guess I don't know him as well as you do.  So, I'll just stick to the baseball things that I can see or that can be measured.  I believe that so long as he legs aren't completely cooked he can be a quality player.

Yes, I'm sure that would be the issue not the real concerns about his health.

If it makes you feel any better, he struck out at a lower clip than his career average, his hard hit% and walk rate were above his career averages as was his his exit velocity off of FBs.   

So, he's still able to read and turn on FB, still isn't being fooled by pitchers, and still making contact.

Hopefully he isn't STILL injured.

I'm saying that my sense is for Rendon to ever have extended success again he will not only need to get healthy, but potentially relearn training and an approach to baseball with a skill set diminishing in one's injured 30s.  It would require an attitude and drive that I have not seen in him. 

Rendon going at it with an A's fan and bickering with Sam Blum is the Rendon I think we will have. 

27 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So did anyone bother listening to this? Anyone hero able to provide quick notes here?

Most of the conversation was non-baseball related. But the baseball related stuff is above + him saying he thought Ohtani was gonna leave, the Dodgers will make back that $700M, and that he thinks they should shorten the season.

9 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Over under on remaining career WAR for Rendon?

I'll set it at 5.0

Are you taking the over or the under?

3.6 fWAR to date in 200 games, while hurt for all but 60-80 of them.  If healthy he's an easy over for me, particularly given where he was data wise.

But he's getting older and IF HEALTHY is a bigger question-mark than most players.