• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon Interview

What would it take from Rendon to make everyone feel it was a worth while season for him ? 

I'll say if he could play 135 games and hit say 20 Hr and 75 RBI  I would soften my stance that he is a busted player that dont give a crap about anything other then getting paid. He gives me so much of this is just a job that I dont like much but I cant make this money anywhere else vibe that drives me so crazy. Injury happens but at least act like you want to be there and not like o well see you when ever I see yall again I'm out. 

37 minutes ago, Chitown27Fan said:

What would it take from Rendon to make everyone feel it was a worth while season for him ? 

I'll say if he could play 135 games and hit say 20 Hr and 75 RBI  I would soften my stance that he is a busted player that dont give a crap about anything other then getting paid. He gives me so much of this is just a job that I dont like much but I cant make this money anywhere else vibe that drives me so crazy. Injury happens but at least act like you want to be there and not like o well see you when ever I see yall again I'm out. 

.275/.375/.500 with solid defense and playing at least 80% of games.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

If Rendon thinks he only needs to "tweak" a few things he's sunk 

So you disagree with him that after 30 years of playing baseball and the toll its taken plus the injuries he shouldn't be tweaking his off-season workouts/conditioning?   Or are you of the belief he's no longer able to play? 

If its the latter, I'd love to hear what your opinion is regarding how someone who's lost it was putting up near career best/still elite numbers in some pretty key areas.  Because tell you what I saw, a dude trying to swing his way through an injury without any legs beneath him.  

IMO, unless his legs are completely shot he's still going to be a good hitter, his batting eye and ability to catch up to fastballs were both very evident, what was also obvious was that he couldn't use his legs to adjust to anything and was fisting anything he needed to slow down for.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So you disagree with him that after 30 years of playing baseball and the toll its taken plus the injuries he shouldn't be tweaking his off-season workouts/conditioning?   Or are you of the belief he's no longer able to play? 

If its the latter, I'd love to hear what your opinion is regarding how someone who's lost it was putting up near career best/still elite numbers in some pretty key areas.  Because tell you what I saw, a dude trying to swing his way through an injury without any legs beneath him.  

IMOO, unless his legs are completely shot he's still going to be a good hitter, his batting eye and ability to catch up to fastballs were both very evident, what was also obvious was that he couldn't use his legs to adjust to anything and was fisting anything he needed to slow down for.

Gross.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Gross.

I just want to say thank you.  This place is better when you're around and making posts like this.  You sir are an AW.com icon.  Your "gross", like Lou's "I agree" are a big part of the AW.com experience and what makes this place a fun read regardless of topic.

Also, F the Dodgers