• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon Interview

I don't get it. 

Although I don't really read/understand what Ron says anyway so no wonder I'm lost. 

I have zero interest in anything Rendon until he shows up on the field and plays like he wants to win. We've had this discussion ad nauseum in multiple threads and throughout the season in gameday chats, and I think 75% consensus on this board is "Rendon is a bust," and a majority of us would rather not have him, his shit attitude and his piss poor performance on our team. 

24 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Ok so they hired a quality coach who also happens to have a relationship with Rendon. Now I get it you can’t see past your hatred of the guy, but they certainly didn’t hire him solely to babysit Rendon. 

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok so they hired a quality coach who also happens to have a relationship with Rendon. Now I get it you can’t see past your hatred of the guy, but they certainly didn’t hire him solely to babysit Rendon. 

Lmfao yea ok 👍 👌

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

People make that shit their entire personality now.

Absolutely right, tdawg. Sadly, politics has to infect everything these days. This is a forum to talk about the Angels, not liberal, moderate, conservative, libertarian, progressive, whatever. I believe there is a forum at AngelsWin for people who wish to discuss their politics. They should stick with that if they want to discuss the tawdry political climate our society seems to love to wallow in. It -- politics -- has infected everything it seems. Political discourse these days has done nothing more than destroy friendships, family relationships, and created animosity, vitriol, paranoia, and suspicion. As far as I am concerned, there are no politicians or political parties or ideologies worth ruining relationships over.

As to Rendon, people do have a right to be skeptical based upon the lack of results and productivity as compared to his contract. That said, we do need from him what we thought we were going to get. Having him return to the productivity he had prior to coming here would be a great boon for this team.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

It’s the idiots in the world today who believe if someone disagrees with them about one thing they must disagree about their politics. Such a narrow world view. 

Strad, that is the state of our society now, sadly. It is a narrow view. There is not one person who agrees 100% with another that I know of. Best to let politics be discussed in the Political Forum. It shouldn't infect every aspect and every area of life. 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:51 PM, BTH said:

Most of the conversation was non-baseball related. But the baseball related stuff is above + him saying he thought Ohtani was gonna leave, the Dodgers will make back that $700M, and that he thinks they should shorten the season.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:14 PM, jsnpritchett said:

This last part doesn't surprise me. 

How can I do dual emoji's?????.... Ray Liotta laughing and F'n Arte' for signing this guy! What a complete waste of cashe..

Oh, well, not my cashe....

17 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I don't get it. 

Although I don't really read/understand what Ron says anyway so no wonder I'm lost. 

I have zero interest in anything Rendon until he shows up on the field and plays like he wants to win. We've had this discussion ad nauseum in multiple threads and throughout the season in gameday chats, and I think 75% consensus on this board is "Rendon is a bust," and a majority of us would rather not have him, his shit attitude and his piss poor performance on our team. 

I'll be nice and give him a month. If he's still the same old Rendon come May, then forget him.

2 hours ago, ShotimeDynasty said:

Is his “lack of urgency” now any different from when he was balling out with Washington? 

What exactly would one expect an elite player thriving to be urgent about?

His urgency should be rooted in "I've sucked for 4 years and my career is about over if I don't change something"

29 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

What exactly would one expect an elite player thriving to be urgent about?

His urgency should be rooted in "I've been injured for years and my career is about over if I don't change something"

We are back to the exaggeration form of hating on Rendon.  That’s cool.  I corrected your post for you.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We are back to the exaggeration form of hating on Rendon.  That’s cool.  I corrected your post for you.

No, he has sucked. Even when he played he sucked.

Trout has been hurt, but when he plays he's effective. 

Oh and Rendon has also had multiple suspensions which has nothing to do with injury.

6 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

No, he has sucked. Even when he played he sucked.

Trout has been hurt, but when he plays he's effective. 

Oh and Rendon has also had multiple suspensions which has nothing to do with injury.

Ok, you said he has sucked for 4 years, that simply isn’t true and if it is then your expectations were way too high. In his first year, which was 4 years ago, he was top 10 in MVP voting and was top 10 in the league in OPS.  If that sucks, then you had unrealistic expectations.  He has been injured.  You know that, but you are the most rational guy we have here on the wrong side of this fence. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, you said he has sucked for 4 years, that simply isn’t true and if it is then your expectations were way too high. In his first year, which was 4 years ago, he was top 10 in MVP voting and was top 10 in the league in OPS.  If that sucks, then you had unrealistic expectations.  He has been injured.  You know that, but you are the most rational guy we have here on the wrong side of this fence. 

I'm sorry yes 3 years, my mistake.

If Rendon played well when healthy I'd  agree with you.  Again,  somehow we just need Trout to be healthy. I'm very confident if Trout is healthy he will produce. I don't think if Rendon is healthy that will likely translate to on field success. 

I guess we will all just wait and see.

I think this thread is out of control with Angels doing squat and nothing to talk about. 

While I didn't think we'd keep Ohtani, I thought we'd reinvest in guys like Sonny Gray or Hicks and we are now a collective frustrated fan base.