• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon Interview

42 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Did you read anywhere that the Angels requested Rendon to work on 1st base skills? I didn't so I have no reason to expect him to extend his off season program to a position the parent club hasn't asked him to work on. And, news flash, Mike Trout hasn't been working out at 1st base as well and has just as much of an injury history as Rendon the last 4 years. 

I appreciated Harper's passion to succeed and do anything possible to help the team. I'm just saying I don't see that attitude in Rendon. 

Also I specifically stated Trout moving to a CO spot should be a conversation. 

6 minutes ago, Skram said:

Like most people said, it was more of an interview about him as a person and not a baseball-heavy talk. 

As Stradling said, if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, he comes off as a genuine nice guy, who tries to stay humble and is trying to use his faith to guide his life. If you think he is a horrible person, then I guess that's what you will hear. For my part, as a Angel fan and a human being, hope he bounces back and finds some health and success!

Quick notes:

His off-season is consumed by his 4 kids and they are making him realize how fast life is travelling by. 

He's a WW2 history buff and enjoyed the recent Netflix documentary. (Reminded me, I need to check that one out!)

Talked about how he got into hunting and why he enjoyed it. Got into it in college and enjoyed the comradery, and also the focus and "quiet time" aspect of it.

Feeling ready for the  season, trying to focus workout program on dealing with the wear and tear of so many years of baseball on his body.

Thinks the key to winning over the course of the season like he had in 2019 is having an incredible team chemistry to help carry you through the inevitable ups and downs of a season.

Enjoyed his time with Dusty Baker and his approach and honesty.

Excited to play for Washington, has met and had conversations with him before, but has only talked to him on the phone since he was signed as manager. 

When asked, stated he definitely did not think Ohtani was coming back to the Angels.

Asked if he could be appointed commissioner and change one thing about MLB, it would be the length of the season.

The rest of the interview he was asked about his faith and his journey and he talked about that, and the teammates who helped him on his journey.

This is like those 15 minute micro learning books but about an interview.  Thanks for this.  Also it’s good to see you post here again my friend. 

2 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Yup watch him hurt his Vagina this year 10 games in then be out for the season again. Biggest Douchebag in Baseball today. 

With all the hatred/animus you have towards some of the players, i keep wondering why you're an angels fan. in fact, i'm even questioning why you're a baseball fan.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I got interested in stats because I wanted to prove the stat-heads wrong. While trying to do that I realized that a lot of things I was sure of because of my playing days was a bunch of BS. 

i'm here to confirm this. IP, is, in fact, aware that most pitchers are NOT belly itchers. 

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

With all the hatred/animus you have towards some of the players, i keep wondering why you're an angels fan. in fact, i'm even questioning why you're a baseball fan.

Careful, it is totally reasonable to something something  bag of dicks. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's still funny to me that the one thing he'd change about the MLB is shortening the season. 

It’s one of the top 2 or 3 things I would change.  Is it time for a “Commissioner for a day” thread? 

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

Did I say something wrong, Am I not allowed to call shit the way it is ? I am a Die Hard Halos Fan but I am not a Fan boy like obviously you who can't call it like it is.  Rendon is a loser and a Thief 

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I appreciated Harper's passion to succeed and do anything possible to help the team. I'm just saying I don't see that attitude in Rendon. 

Also I specifically stated Trout moving to a CO spot should be a conversation. 

You don't think Philly told him to play 1st base to stay healthy? That this was somehow Harper's idea after playing the outfield most of his career? I think you are creating narratives that don't stand up to scrutiny. 

20 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Did I say something wrong, Am I not allowed to call shit the way it is ? I am a Die Hard Halos Fan but I am not a Fan boy like obviously you who can't call it like it is.  Rendon is a loser and a Thief 

Haha. Well you are the resident expert on being a loser so we will consider you a reliable source on such things. 

A thief is now someone who agrees to a contract given to him then while doing the work outlined in that contract gets injured on the job, multiple times, thus negatively impacting his performance. Good to know. 

14 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Ron Washington had to hire Porter  one of his Good friends to the staff so he can try to motivate Rendone . Does Rendon not have 37 mil reasons to be motivated? 

No he didn’t. 

27 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

it's obvious you're passionate. if you want, i can dig up the multiple posts where you wished physical harm on ohtani because he had the unmitigated gall to sign with a different team. then you do nothing but insult rendon in this thread. 

i'm pretty sure my time on this board has never been spent being a fan boy of anyone on this team. and you're 100% wrong if you think i can't "call it like it is." if you want to try and prove me wrong, go for it. 

5 minutes ago, katie said:

We push babies out of vaginas and are only out like 6 weeks so maybe use a better analogy. 

With All due respect I was using the word Vagina Loosely when it comes to him. I will never compare his stub toe that puts him on the IR for seasons end to a Woman who just gave birth.