• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon Interview

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m sure virtually every player would have up 5% to cut 5% of the season. 

Not sure a player making 20m would be good with losing $1m to play 8 less games 

Id be more inclined to shorten the season/ expand the playoffs and give the players a 2 week break somewhere in the middle. Give players a chance to recover physically and mentally. 

I'm sure if Rendon is healthy and motivated he still might be capable of producing.

That said, what else does Anthony need to do to convince the rest of you that he just doesn't care all that much about what happens between the lines?

To be honest, I'm sure a lot of guys feel this way. It's hard to stay motivated when the game isn't fun anymore, the team sucks, you're no longer in your physical prime and you are getting paid $30 mil per year regardless.

27 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm sure if Rendon is healthy and motivated he still might be capable of producing.

That said, what else does Anthony need to do to convince the rest of you that he just doesn't care all that much about what happens between the lines?

To be honest, I'm sure a lot of guys feel this way. It's hard to stay motivated when the game isn't fun anymore, the team sucks, you're no longer in your physical prime and you are getting paid $30 mil per year regardless.

I get this but as a man he should show a great work ethic and take some pride at trying to be the best at what he does. 

Jonathan Papelbon cares. 

He cared when he flipped off the home fans.  He cared when he talked shit about the Phillies (his team at the time), he cared when he demanded to be traded and shit talked his teammates after getting the trade.  He cared when he blew that save and grabbed his crotch at the home town fans as they booed. He cared when he told Jim Salisbury to "fuck off" live and on the air because he questioned his pitch choice. He cared when he went for Harper's throat because he didn't think Harper cared enough during a pop out where he was two feet away from first base when the ball was caught in the 8th inning of a 12-5 loss (Paps gave up five runs). Harper won his first MVP that year.

Nothing speaks more about how people (his teammates) viewed Papelbon than the time he beaned a guy, the Orioles rushed the field and not a single one of his teammates on the Nationals left their positions or rushed the field.

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

People freaking out over this like it's news. 😂🤣

When has Rendon ever in his career suggested that baseball is his passion in life? I love how everyone is acting like he just spilled the beans on this deep, dark secret. 

We need to bring the "jerk off" emoji back.

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

People freaking out over this like it's news. 😂🤣

When has Rendon ever in his career suggested that baseball is his passion in life? I love how everyone is acting like he just spilled the beans on this deep, dark secret. 

Dude has been pretty public that baseball is his job since day one.  In other news, former Angel LFer Josh Hamilton had addiction issues.

Sometimes a team needs to not be stupid.