• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How are you feeling

angelsfan100

1 hour ago, Mark68 said:

Allow me (who lives in the same state the Raiders are currently located in...for now...until they bail again...) to talk shit about that Commitment to Excrement. 

They suck, man. They have for a generation. 

And, as a Broncos fan, I couldn't be more pleased. 

That was an awesome offensive performance against the Vikings yesterday. 😈

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Skaggs dying was obviously horrible. Same as Adenhart. There are worse things 

But damn, looking back at the past year... it's hard to not see this as the worst "period" in team history.

Moreno finally decides to sell... then changes his mind. That was the warning of things to come...

We finally aquire depth. Then it all gets hurt. Including our recently acquired blue chip catching prospect. 

And the guy we traded to get him turns in a good year, hits home runs in the playoffs 

We trade from our shit farm to aquire guys who end up not helping out, at all. Like literally at all. Giolito... dear Lord did that one backfire on us.

Everyone hurt...

... and when we finally show signs of some life and hope, the team makes moves and immediately goes on a losing streak that crushes the season.

And all you had left to watch (aside from some interesting young guys) was Shohei.

.... then he gets hurt and doesn't finish the season, while he was on a possible course to break Judge's new HR record 

Season ends with a whimper. 

Ohtani bails to the probably worst case scenario team for Angel fans. And signs this ridiculous contract that absolutely helps the Dodgers... so we don't even get the hope of him crippling them going forward like the Pujols deal did to us.

Now we're left with literally nothing. And the team is far worse off with not a lot of hope (like suddenly freed up from a shit contract, exciting farm, etc). Moreno still the owner.

Like I said, people dying is far worse. But this is pretty much the magnum opus of pathetic from a franchise that has plenty to choose from.

Not just Ohtani leaving, but how literally everything that could go wrong this past year did.

Cherry on top is that roughly within the same time frame of the past year, we got to watch MLB adoringly cheer Albert Pujols suddenly find his old self and reach the HR milestone.

And we were paying him as he did it.

Holy shit its been a bad decade.

Thank you Arte 

19 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But damn, looking back at the past year... it's hard to not see this as the worst "period" in team history.

Moreno finally decides to sell... then changes his mind. That was the warning of things to come...

We finally aquire depth. Then it all gets hurt. Including our recently acquired blue chip catching prospect. 

And the guy we traded to get him turns in a good year, hits home runs in the playoffs 

We trade from our shit farm to aquire guys who end up not helping out, at all. Like literally at all. Giolito... dear Lord did that one backfire on us.

Everyone hurt...

... and when we finally show signs of some life and hope, the team makes moves and immediately goes on a losing streak that crushes the season.

And all you had left to watch (aside from some interesting young guys) was Shohei.

.... then he gets hurt and doesn't finish the season, while he was on a possible course to break Judge's new HR record 

Ohtani bails to the probably worst case scenario team for Angel fans. And signs this ridiculous contract that absolutely helps the Dodgers... so we don't even get the hope of him crippling them going forward like the Pujols deal did to us.

Now we're left with literally nothing. And the team is far worse off with not a lot of hope (like suddenly freed up from a shit contract, exciting farm, etc). Moreno still the owner.

Like I said, people dying is far worse. But this is pretty much the magnum opus of pathetic from a franchise that has plenty to choose from.

Not just Ohtani leaving, but how literally everything that could go wrong this past year did.

Cherry on top is that roughly within the same time frame of the past year, we got to watch MLB adoringly cheer Albert Pujols suddenly find his old self and reach the HR milestone.

And that’s the short version. lol 

it’s been very very tough to get excited for sports for the past 10+ years. The Angels are my main source of entertainment and I feel like I’ve been growing away from it for a while now. I’m having a hard time getting the motivation to be excited for this upcoming season, and I might need to just sit this one out. 

I wonder if Ohtani had come to the Angels and said he would defer $68 Million of a $70 million contract for the next ten years how the Angels organization would have reacted?  Obviously Ohtani was hell bent to go to the Dodgers.  Let's face it, this organization screwed up royally over the past six years even though I think their intentions were good.  We have to change, big time.  At this point, I hope we have great contributions from the entire team, I am tired of focusing on a few star players who take up a lot of salary.  I am somewhat optimistic that Washington can wring out the best in our 40 man team however it ends up.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Everyone hurt...

perfectly summed up.

57 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I wonder if Ohtani had come to the Angels and said he would defer $68 Million of a $70 million contract for the next ten years how the Angels organization would have reacted?  Obviously Ohtani was hell bent to go to the Dodgers.  Let's face it, this organization screwed up royally over the past six years even though I think their intentions were good.  We have to change, big time.  At this point, I hope we have great contributions from the entire team, I am tired of focusing on a few star players who take up a lot of salary.  I am somewhat optimistic that Washington can wring out the best in our 40 man team however it ends up.

Ohtani would've deferred $69 million to send the radio team on the road and get another iPad. 

I'm glad people like Ron Washington.  I don't know how many wins that adds. I'm guessing close to zero.

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Everyone hurt...

I got up this morning looked outside, the Sun came up. Spring Training not far off that is great time of the year. I know Perry and staff are up time to go to work. What is done is done, halos never won with Ohtani. Things are going to change this year it will be a team not all about Ohtani. Look at Arizona how many big name stars on that team? This team with a lot of hungry young players will be on the rise and 2024 will be a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

I am happy. Re-signing him would have been a franchise paralyzing disaster. But, I am not optimistic. There's no evidence suggesting that the Angels will change course anytime soon. I don't think there's a more poorly run professional sports franchise at the moment. 

Detroit Pistons, Oakland A's

In 2020 I learned how to live without baseball.  Ever since that year, baseball has been a little less interesting to me. I got used to not having it and when it came back and it didn't pique my interest as much.  I still watch a ton of games and I definitely enjoyed watching Ohtani and I've always enjoyed watching Trout, but it really is just entertainment.  My perspective has changed.

So much of what happens with the Angels is out of my control.  I can't get worked up about it and I don't.

I also know that no matter what the Angels do from here on out it will not be as special as 2002.  2002 was special because Tim Salmon, Garret Anderson, Jarrod Washburn, John Lackey, Darin Erstad, Troy Glaus, Bengie Molina, Francisco Rodriguez and Troy Percival were all either drafted or signed by the Angels and developed by the Angels.  It was truly a home grown team with others (like David Eckstein, Adam Kennedy, Scott Speizio, etc.) sprinkled in.

I look at the Dodgers and see their core of best players are now Betts, Freeman and Ohtani.  They're hired guns.  Sure, they're great and I'd love to have them on the Angles, but winning with players a team buys is different, IMO.  That's true in all sports. The Warriors winning with Kevin Durant isn't the same as winning without him.  Super teams are kind of boring.

It doesn't look like we'll ever get back to a team like 2002 with Arte Moreno as the owner.  He doesn't seem interested or motivated in building a team through the draft and player development. 

Again - that's out of my control.

So... I watch the Angels knowing they are who they are.  It was a blast watching Ohtani.  It really was.  I'm glad I had six years of Sho-time.  It was fun.  Baseball is supposed to be fun.

Now, if given a choice - I'd actually rather go fishing than watch baseball. 

I'll always be an Angels fan.  I can't imagine cheering for another team, but I don't live for Angels baseball.  Not by a long shot.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Everyone hurt...

Yup I feel like this

13 hours ago, Chuck said:

This is how I'm feeling. I've turned the page on Ohtani. Let's go Halos! 

8F3D799F-FE88-4D27-A04C-27DBBCC267F7.gif.aa02d64403195939255bcc2536a97622.gif

Honestly I like this approach. It's over. It happened. I won't be rooting for Ohtani, but I also won't be rooting against him. He's just another super star playing for a team I don't care about. Time to move on. I have a good feeling going into Spring Training. 

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Skaggs dying was obviously horrible. Same as Adenhart. There are worse things  it.

Yeah, but just think of the redemption arc this has all set up?   

(sigh)

Part of me wishes they'd contract this team and put me out of my misery.  

(I wonder if Ohtani giving the Angels a $680m middle-finger is the "unfinished business" Arte was talking about?)