• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Agreed. If they have a strategy, it makes little sense. I guess, "trade all the relievers we signed at the deadline if we're out of it" could be considered a strategy, so maybe there's that? Lol. 

Confused James Franco GIF

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I would prefer him to Snell but unless he changes his mind on location that isn’t happening. 

At this point Montgomery might as well wait until after opening day to sign to avoid having a draft pick loss attached to him next year (in case he signs a one year deal or gets an opt out).

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

At this point Montgomery might as well wait until after opening day to sign to avoid having a draft pick loss attached to him next year (in case he signs a one year deal or gets an opt out).

It’s after the draft in July. 

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s after the draft in July. 

Montgomery doesn’t have a draft pick attached to him.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would prefer him to Snell but unless he changes his mind on location that isn’t happening. 

If he loosens up on location and lowers his contract demands, I’m not sure we’d be very high on his list. Without draft pick compensation and with a more reasonable contract structure, he’ll get a lot of interest.

Ah well.  It’s genuinely baffling what the Angels are doing.  Won’t trade to get prospects.  Won’t sign anyone, even relatively low risk short term commitments.  Still spending 170 million.  Just completely rudderless.  Not signing Snell on its own isn’t a big deal.  There’s plenty to not care for about his game.  It’s just the total non commitment to anything.  

Artes main achievement as the owner of the club is establishing being incomprehensible and incompetent as the teams most noteworthy brand. Jesus.  

Edited by UndertheHalo