• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I really think the Angels need to let the unicorn go and build a conventional 5 man rotation. 

Regardless if they sign him or not I hope they go with a 5 man rotation this upcoming season.

The better baseball move would be to let him go and spread that capitol around to other players.

However emotionally it would be good to see him resign with the Halos and watch people melt down…..

Last year everyone thought the bullpen was overworked (according to the metrics the team wanted to use). Next year they will have 1 less pitcher on the roster without a 2 way player. It would be really dumb to go with a 6 man rotation with pitchers only going 5 innings.

I love Ohtani, but it would not be wise to spend that kind of money on just 1 player considering everything else they need, unless Arte is willing to spend 250 mil+

21 minutes ago, totdprods said:

By and far my preferred upper-tier arm available to sign this winter. Very consistent and shouldn’t require an awful deal. 

Only worry is then having too many lefties in the rotation.   Would then have to consider trading Anderson, especially if going with a 5 man rotation.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Only worry is then having too many lefties in the rotation.   Would then have to consider trading Anderson, especially if going with a 5 man rotation.

They can't trade Anderson after last season's performance, so you might as well clear that from your head. 

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

For sure. Sometimes I think just have to handle the cards you’re dealt. Maybe in a backwards way it would make a righty-heavy bullpen work in tandem.

Obviously I’m on the Sandoval train too - heck I’m the conductor - so I wouldn’t see his left-handedness as an issue. 

My feelings is that if any team has to wait for Ohtani to sign before they can fill their glaring needs they probably should not be trying to sign him in the first place becasue you are looking at the next 10-12 years of looking for ways to cobble a team together around a huge chunk of your payroll. So its either go big and blow your wallet and shop at TRADER JOES  now and the next 10 years tax be damed or go back to your office and shop with the middle class at WALMART.