• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani news coming today?

Taylor

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wholly reject a contrived measurement that ignores a player’s performance in the first 6 innings.

A player hits a three run homer in the third inning to tie the game, and then hits another three run homer in the sixth to tie the game, but strikes out in the eighth down by one run.

Yeah that guy isn’t “clutch.”  We don’t want guys like that.

1 game is what your basing your entire response on? Out of 259 games?

I asked the question beyond pitching wins how many has he provided at the dish?

I didn't remember any and Fletch provided 8 times he did something in the 7th or later that gave us a lead... we were 5-2 in those games... He came through late 2x in the same game in Texas.

I always remember watching him stealing meaningless bases down 10-3... 

7 hours ago, cals said:

Who, over the age of 3, says “doo doo”?

On 8/5/2023 at 3:20 PM, SoCalDucksFan said:

Next year, when they'll likely have to count on Mike, as his skills continue to erode, they're really going to be in deep doo doo.

On 8/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, Biergott said:

This is doo doo

On 8/3/2020 at 2:50 PM, Angel Oracle said:

The Halos pen has been rolling in the deep (doo doo).

On 4/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jason said:

They should if their doctor prescribes it. Doo doo head 

On 8/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Tank said:

Does this equally apply to doo doo?

On 6/11/2018 at 8:19 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

LeBlanc is wading in deep doo doo in the first

On 10/5/2015 at 2:11 PM, floplag said:

This is one of the reasons i feel we are in deep doo doo for the next couple of years. 

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I didn't remember any and Fletch provided 8 times he did something in the 7th or later that gave us a lead... we were 5-2 in those games... He came through late 2x in the same game in Texas.

The “one game” I described was not a real game.  It was explaining why caring only about the 7th inning on makes no sense.  You haven’t even remotely explained why you want to see this big game winning hit only from the 7th inning on.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:40 PM, Taylor said:

Mission Viejo

Go Diablos am I right?

I actually was at MetLife Stadium the week after the Sanchez Butt Fumble game to watch one of the worst games in NFL history Jets vs Arizona Cardinals.

Arizona had their 3rd string QB playing who couldn't complete a set of downs.  The Jets attempted 2 field goals that hit the uprights at each end zone and missed them both.  Mark Sanchez was booed off the field and Rex Ryan had to bench him.  I had great seats though front row at 40 yard line overlooking most of the action.

3 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I randomly picked some other players to look up..

Game-tying or go-ahead RBI, 7th inning or later, 2022-23

Freddie Freeman: 10

Mookie Betts: 16

Aaron Judge: 13

Ronald Acuna Jr: 9

Corey Seager: 12

Julio Rodriguez: 12

Manny Machado: 12

Paul Goldschmidt: 8

Yordan Alvarez: 11

11 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Thanks Fletch!

Game 1 - W - 2022

Game 2 - L - 2022

Game 3 - L - 2022

Game 4 - W - 2023

Game 5 - W - 2023

Game 5 ^ same game 6-12-2023

Game 7 - W - 2023

Game 8 - W - 2023

8 times (5-2) record in 324 possible games played (162x2) in 292 actual games in the lineup in 2022 & 2023.

Well that should be pretty eye opening to some.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

The “one game” I described was not a real game.  It was explaining why caring only about the 7th inning on makes no sense.  You haven’t even remotely explained why you want to see this big game winning hit only from the 7th inning on.

Other than the Mound. I'm trying to see in reality if his #'s are generated earlier in the game when their is less pressure game on the line situations.

Or, if most have been early/mid game in mostly games we were trailing in where a home run chasing 5-6-7 runs in truth really only meant anything to his stats and not to the team.

Don't get me wrong he's a Generational talent based on what he has done hitting and pitching since Babe Ruth... I guess, I'm attempting to either justify the cost or not?

His ability is Great but is it worth the cost. When you get into a Stat that means more to me the "W" in the stat column. Is it all on him? No, but when the other guys are out of the lineup and you're the sole Super Star left. You need to do your job in pressure situations during the game.

22 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Other than the Mound. I'm trying to see in reality if his #'s are generated earlier in the game when their is less pressure game on the line situations.

Or, if most have been early/mid game in mostly games we were trailing in where a home run chasing 5-6-7 runs in truth really only meant anything to his stats and not to the team.

Don't get me wrong he's a Generational talent based on what he has done hitting and pitching since Babe Ruth... I guess, I'm attempting to either justify the cost or not?

His ability is Great but is it worth the cost. When you get into a Stat that means more to me the "W" in the stat column. Is it all on him? No, but when the other guys are out of the lineup and you're the sole Super Star left. You need to do your job in pressure situations during the game.

Yeah I just don’t get the value of isolating 7th inning on.  That’s entirely meaningless to me.  Hitting a three run homer in the third inning of a game you win 6-2 is the biggest hit of the game and basically delivered the win.

Discounting that kind of hit because it was in the third inning instead of the 7th simply makes no sense to me.

It might be a bit more exciting for a fan to see a big hit in the eighth versus the fourth, but that doesn’t mean it is more meaningful in delivering the win.