• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani news coming today?

Taylor

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or it’s slow as fuck and we might as well discuss the rumors. 

If I made a twitter account and named myself MLB Insider MMC, and paid $8 to get the blue checkmark, and tweeted BREAKING: Shohei Ohtani agrees to a 12 year, $500 million contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, would you think that was worth discussing?  You guys are wasting time on the equivalent of that

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

If I made a twitter account and named myself MLB Insider MMC, and paid $8 to get the blue checkmark, and tweeted BREAKING: Shohei Ohtani agrees to a 12 year, $500 million contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, would you think that was worth discussing?  You guys are wasting time on the equivalent of that

No. 

22 minutes ago, mmc said:

Knock yourself out but quit bitching because you can't handle someone posting a rumor instead of one of your trusted sources. Get over yourself, you live on Twitter alerts but really don't have any real sources that you can cite, just others using theirs. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Knock yourself out but quit bitching because you can't handle someone posting a rumor instead of one of your trusted sources. Get over yourself, you live on Twitter alerts but really don't have any real sources that you can cite, just others using theirs. 

Yea I called it a report earlier instead of calling it a tweet so I own that but to throw a fit about discussion posts is stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's as much a rumor as you or I tweeting that Ohtani signed a contract somewhere.  And I never claimed to have any sources of anything so I have no idea why you think that's some sort of dig at me

32 minutes ago, mmc said:

Elon the genius really saved Twitter.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

It's as much a rumor as you or I tweeting that Ohtani signed a contract somewhere.  And I never claimed to have any sources of anything so I have no idea why you think that's some sort of dig at me

You have no idea if the rumor has merit. 
I’ll give you an example. If you said a month ago Arte was going to go all in on Ohtani and I said Arte was undecided on whether to pursue Ohtani one of us would be right and the other would be speculating. 

13 minutes ago, mmc said:

Again, get the fuck over yourself. This is the offseason full of rumors and full of shit clickbait rom multiple "trusted" sources because they all want to scoop everyone else by minutes now instead of hours or a day.

So what if you don't know the guy or don't think he has cred. Most of the clickbait out there has no cred but it is something to talk about while people burp up Thanksgiving left overs. Otherwise this place has little to discuss. 

If it doesn't reach your lofty standards then log off and do something with your time other than try and moderate conversation here by claiming everything has to meet a credibility standard you've decided upon.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You have no idea if the rumor has merit. 
I’ll give you an example. If you said a month ago Arte was going to go all in on Ohtani and I said Arte was undecided on whether to pursue Ohtani one of us would be right and the other would be speculating. 

And anyone who took what either of us were saying as a serious indication of either outcome would be stupid for doing so.  Obviously anyone including you or I or anyone on this site could say any free agent could sign anywhere and until they sign a contract they could or could not be right.  But if that is what you think the barometer for serious discussion is and what should be considered to have merit I think that is quite low for a site that strives to be above places like Twitter and Reddit where this nonsense is commonplace.  Particularly when we actually know who has shown to be credible and who hasn't over the years.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

And anyone who took what either of us were saying as a serious indication of either outcome would be stupid for doing so.  Obviously anyone including you or I or anyone on this site could say any free agent could sign anywhere and until they sign a contract they could or could not be right.  But if that is what you think the barometer for serious discussion is and what should be considered to have merit I think that is quite low for a site that strives to be above places like Twitter and Reddit where this nonsense is commonplace.  Particularly when we actually know who has shown to be credible and who hasn't over the years.

In a forum (sports) where even the reputable guys have been wrong more than right, I hold them to less of an exact standard. We can shut down a shit ton of threads if we use your standard. 
Also in my example my point is no one questioned me when I heard that Arte hadn’t decided what to do. Maybe because I’ve been here for 15+ years. Maybe they knew my source although I don’t think I shared it. 

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Again, get the fuck over yourself. This is the offseason full of rumors and full of shit clickbait rom multiple "trusted" sources because they all want to scoop everyone else by minutes now instead of hours or a day.

So what if you don't know the guy or don't think he has cred. Most of the clickbait out there has no cred but it is something to talk about while people burp up Thanksgiving left overs. Otherwise this place has little to discuss. 

If it doesn't reach your lofty standards then log off and do something with your time other than try and moderate conversation here by claiming everything has to meet a credibility standard you've decided upon.

Ok Blarg.  All I said was I don't think it's worth discussing.  If you and whoever else wants to waste time doing so, knock yourselves out.

If Angels Nation puts their collective faith in Ohtani returning I believe it will happen.  If the $ are comparable he will continue his record breaking quest with the team that brought him to the Dance and Arte will step up and all the bad karma that has been hanging around will lift.  Amen Brothers!