• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maybe the Phillies will overpay for Trout after choking away the NL penant.

• TheLordofOuts changed the title to Maybe the Phillies will overpay for Trout after choking away the NL penant.

It is exhausting to hear people clamor for a “rebuild” when the 2024 roster already will be dominated by very young players with upside in the lineup, in the bullpen, and in the rotation.

If you are frustrated with Trout’s health and contract, and frustrated with Rendon’s health and contract, we get it.

But it’s two players.  And you are not getting a haul of top prospects for a bad contract.  That’s delusion.  Even if the team finds a way to move one of them, that’s not a rebuild.  That’s just trading a player.

The team needs better health, some progress from the young core, and some good decisions on what pieces they add.

Edited by Dtwncbad

42 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It is exhausting to hear people clamor for a “rebuild” when the 2024 roster already will be dominated by very young players with upside in the lineup, in the bullpen, and in the rotation.

If you are frustrated with Trout’s health and contract, and frustrated with Rendon’s health and contract, we get it.

But it’s two players.  And you are not getting a haul of top prospects for a bad contract.  That’s delusion.  Even if the team finds a way to move one of them, that’s not a rebuild.  That’s just trading a player.

The team needs better health, some progress from the young core, and some good decisions on what pieces they add.

Yep, exactly this. What value is there to trading expensive players in a rebuild if:

A: you won’t get back legitimate prospects in the trade

2: you have no one knocking on the door to take their place. 

It’s a rebuild so you aren’t trading bad money to go spend good money.  

45 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Ok, let's switch gears and talk about Erstad as the next manager.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

If Kimbrel did his job, the Phillies would be going to the WS.  But let's be fair... they didn't choke - the Diamondbacks just beat them. 

I don't follow the Phils too much, but as a MLB fan it feels like they've had very good teams the last decade and continue to have ineffective closers. Kimbrel had a nice year, but that's a lot of trust for a guy who Dodgers didn't even put on their playoff roster. 

34 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I think @Dtwncbad would love to discuss this idea in depth.

I just think the perfect off season looks like this:

Manager: Erstad

Bench Coach: Molina

Hitting Coach: Salmon

Asst Hitting Coach: GA

Pitching Coach: Weaver

Bullpen Coach: Percival

Infield Coach: Eckstein

Outfield Coach: Ochoa

Accountability Coach: Disar

POBO: Scioscia

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s funny because I’d welcome an Erstad hire. 

I would be wide open to it.  I would assume they see what they want to see in him to be the next manager, so why not?

My only point in Erstad is there is no evidence that his name coming up is anything more than people just repeating somebody else who threw out his name as a (now quite predictable) knee jerk reaction to the Angel manager position.

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

New position:

Clutch hitting coach Spezio!

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

So pay them to take Trout and get back a guy who we traded to them? I think not.

Angels in rebuild mode save money on Trout contract and get good young player in Marsh. 8 straight losing seasons what good is Trout on a team going with younger players? Neto, O'Hoppe, Marsh, Moniak, Adell and Schanuel. Trade Drury, Carlos E, Ward this off season. Some team might even take Tyler Anderson in trade. For me it's time for new direction. Not buying magic beans Minasian and Arte might try and sell this off season. Angels will not be in running for a playoff spot in 2024.

4 hours ago, Stradling said: