• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels outright Jared Walsh, Jaime Barria, Chad Wallach, Brett Phillips, Jhonathan Diaz, Carson Fulmer

mmc

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

My buddy went to Vegas and caught a Bee's game . He was talking to Walsh and Walsh told him he was ready to move from the Angels so I doubt he signs a Minor league deal

So Walsh told a stranger he wants a new employer? Never seen a player, even in the minors, have an in depth conversation like this at a game. Thats a bit hard to believe. Not smart by Walsh if true. Angels fail plenty but explain to me how any of Walsh's issues are on the Angels? 

They still have 45 men on the 40-man.

Ohtani, Moustakas, Grichuk, Urhsela, Cron are free agents and will drop off the roster. That brings them down to 40. 

2 players have options that will most certainly be declined. (Escobar, Loup). Down to 38.

11 on the 60-Day IL. (Including Urshela and Loup who are listed above.) 9 of these guys would be re-added to roster. Except...Two of these are injury concerns for 2024, so they may be cut/outrighted as they wont pitch in 2024. (Quijada, Warren). And you have C-Rod, who you have no idea what to expect from. Quijada is eligible for arbitration, so he may be NT, which would remove him, but they outrighted the rest of the group in this situation, so who knows. He'd be put on the 60-day IL in Spring Training again.

Stassi is on the reserve list so he doesn't even count here.

Guys like Herget, Cabbage, Rosenberg, Stefanic, Suarez, all could be gone as well, we'll see.

25 minutes ago, Hubs said:

hmm, is that true?

Can he stay on the restricted list during the offseason? Or will they need to take him off it?

Maybe @Jeff Fletcher would know.

I know suspended players stay on the RL during the offseason. Not sure about someone in Stassi’s situation. Maybe it’s comparable to Andrew Toles, who has been on the restricted list during the offseason?

26 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They still have 45 men on the 40-man.

Ohtani, Moustakas, Grichuk, Urhsela, Cron are free agents and will drop off the roster. That brings them down to 40. 

2 players have options that will most certainly be declined. (Escobar, Loup). Down to 38.

11 on the 60-Day IL. (Including Urshela and Loup who are listed above.) 9 of these guys would be re-added to roster. Except...Two of these are injury concerns for 2024, so they may be cut/outrighted as they wont pitch in 2024. (Quijada, Warren). And you have C-Rod, who you have no idea what to expect from. Quijada is eligible for arbitration, so he may be NT, which would remove him, but they outrighted the rest of the group in this situation, so who knows. He'd be put on the 60-day IL in Spring Training again.

Guys like Herget, Cabbage, Rosenberg, Stefanic, Suarez, all could be gone as well, we'll see.

I think they keep Rosenberg, Stefanic and Suarez. Trading Suarez would not surprise me.

30 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Stefanic should not be in that group.

I’d throw Adams and Soto in that mix before Stefanic.

Stefanic hit .290/.380/.355 with a 109 wRC+ in the majors this year. Not to mention he torched AAA.

22 minutes ago, BTH said:

Stefanic should not be in that group.

I’d throw Adams and Soto in that mix before Stefanic.

Stefanic hit .290/.380/.355 with a 109 wRC+ in the majors this year. Not to mention he torched AAA.

Adams is a legit prospect, Soto is an excellent defender. Stefanic is not an excellent defender, not by a long shot, and that arguably is the most important improvement to make this offseason. And the .355 SLG is subpar. 

11 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Adams is a legit prospect, Soto is an excellent defender. Stefanic is not an excellent defender, not by a long shot, and that arguably is the most important improvement to make this offseason. And the .355 SLG is subpar. 

Is Adams a legit prospect?

He can’t play defense and was a below average offensive player in AAA.

Soto may be good defensively, but he can’t hit. He was awful in AA and AAA.

Stefanic has shown an ability to control the zone and make improvements. From last year to this year, he improved his defense, increased his average exit velocity, and had more major league success.